Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

SeatGuru vs. SeatExpert: Which one to believe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SeatGuru vs. SeatExpert: Which one to believe?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:13 pm

SeatGuru.com vs SeatExpert.com?

I find Expert questionable but still look at it at times. Which do you like?
Old May 10, 2016, 12:07 pm

I find seatguru to be the most up-to-date and accurate of the 'big three' (seatguru, seatexpert, seatmaestro). Sometimes, however, the other two might offer information that seatguru omits. So, I cross-check all 3.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by joer1212
I find seatguru to be the most up-to-date and accurate of the 'big three' (seatguru, seatexpert, seatmaestro). Sometimes, however, the other two might offer information that seatguru omits. So, I cross-check all 3.
I agree that SeatGuru seems to be the least worst; at least it seems to have the most current information as far as airlines and their fleets.

seatmaestro is woefully out of date. For example, it lists US Airways separately from American Airlines. For the legacy AA fleet it shows the B767-200, which has been retired several years ago, and omits the A321S and the B787. For the legacy US Airways fleet it still has the B737-400 and the B767-200, which have been retired for well over a year.

SeatExpert seems to be even worse. Like seatmaestro, it also has separate entries AA and US but its list of the legacy AA aircraft is even more out of date than seatmaestro's, as it doesn't show any Airbus seat maps, and for both AA and US it shows aircraft that have not been flown in years.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I tend to consult SeatGuru most. However, it is good to remember that opinions are only opinions. No seat has everything, and others cannot decide for you if you'd like a feature A more than B, or be bothered by X more than Y. Even in the same family my wife and I tend to lean differently.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:00 am

Also check out http://www.routehappy.com. There are more factors than seats worth considering. For just seat information, my first place to look is seatguru. I always compare its chart with the airline seat selection chart if available.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
SeatMaps.Com

Old thread but wanted to update.
I still refer to seatguru but they have now indicated as far as 1 year ago that TripAdvisor has decided not to update any content on seatguru which is sad.

Thank you for your interest in SeatGuru. Currently we are not making additional updates to our content on the site and are unable to provide other support. -SeatGuru

Long story short AC Rouge a321-200 maps did not reflect what was a version 3. I found it instead correctly on Seatmaps.com. Looks like a new company.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:54 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my opinion, the best airline seat maps website at this time is aeroLOPA.

Currently, seating charts are available for the following airlines:

Aer Lingus
Aeroméxico
Air Canada
Air France
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
ANA
Austrian
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Delta Air Lines
EasyJet
Emirates
Etihad Airways
Finnair
Flybe
Frontier Airlines
Gulf Air
Hawaiian Airlines
Iberia
ITA Airways
Japan Airlines
JetBlue Airways
KLM
LOT
Lufthansa
Malaysia Airlines
Norwegian
Oman Air
Qantas
Qatar Airways
Royal Air Maroc
Royal Jordanian
Ryanair
SAS
Southwest
Spirit Airlines
Swiss
TAP Air Portugal
Turkish Airlines
United Airlines
Virgin Atlantic
Vueling
Wizz Air
hurnik and DragonSoul like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Yeah, I'm using AeroLopa more and more.

They are missing some airlines and aircraft... but it's about 5x better than anything else out there.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
Yeah, I'm using AeroLopa more and more.

They are missing some airlines and aircraft... but it's about 5x better than anything else out there.
aeroLOPA was started about a year ago, in May, 2021, by one of our moderators who owns and maintains it. Originally, it had seating charts for four airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, and Iberia. They have expanded quite a bit since and are continuing to add airlines. I believe that the most recent addition was last month, Emirates.
Old May 16, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (lifetime), Bonvoy Titanium, United Gold
Old thread, but I find SeatGuru to be completely worthless at this point. Nearly all the time, the wrong seat map is pulled up when entering a flight number, and often they don’t even have the right seat map in their database. I think they stopped updating anything a couple of years ago, and now the database is hopelessly out of date.

I have been using seatmaps.com recently and have been very impressed with the accuracy. Not sure if they support every airline or not but they certainly seem to have all of the big ones. They don’t seem to have an iOS app but the website is fast and easy to use. Anyway, from my experience so far, I’d recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.