Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrgreen
Big compliment to the tool!
I used it today for the first time and the results are amazing. It saves so much time with calling airlines for redeeming miles while having itineraries right in front of you.
Will be happy to use it more frequently in future.
Thanks very much for the kind words!

Glad to have you as a member, mrgreen. Please let me know if you need any help with your trip.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Thanks very much for the kind words!

Glad to have you as a member, mrgreen. Please let me know if you need any help with your trip.
a badass option would be of course displaying taxes for specific connections as well
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrgreen
a badass option would be of course displaying taxes for specific connections as well
That would indeed be a badass feature.

As a matter of fact, I have been working on this for close to a year. Stay tuned.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:47 pm

That would indeed be a badass feature.

As a matter of fact, I have been working on this for close to a year. Stay tuned.
Bust be a challenge to implement
Looking forward to that!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just signed up to this after seeing that ANA's award finder is now close to useless. Really nice facility.

Stupid question - everything showing up in the results is actually available? As opposed to theoretically possible routings. Award bookings is a gaping hole in my knowledge...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by go_around
Just signed up to this after seeing that ANA's award finder is now close to useless. Really nice facility.

Stupid question - everything showing up in the results is actually available? As opposed to theoretically possible routings. Award bookings is a gaping hole in my knowledge...
Good to have you as a member. Welcome!

Generally. Yes. If an award is shown in Award Nexus, it is actually available and should be bookable by all airline programs that are partners of that airline.

In a few cases, the awards may be available only to that airline's members. Also, ANA will occasionally return phantom awards in a small number of cases. However, generally, you don't need to worry about that until you encounter them.

If you have any question, just ask.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Good to have you as a member. Welcome!

Generally. Yes. If an award is shown in Award Nexus, it is actually available and should be bookable by all airline programs that are partners of that airline.

In a few cases, the awards may be available only to that airline's members. Also, ANA will occasionally return phantom awards in a small number of cases. However, generally, you don't need to worry about that until you encounter them.

If you have any question, just ask.
Thanks ckpeter.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA
I just signed up for AwardNexus for the first time, and it seems like a really impressive tool!

I've been searching on the AwardNexus site and through this thread but can't find the answer to this question; apologies if it seems obvious.

I'm looking for JL First availability next spring/summer (SFO-HND/NRT). I noticed that all the results returned by AwardNexus are listed as "Low/Saver" awards. There seem to be no exceptions. Does this mean if I attempt to book these tickets with AA miles, they will only incur AA's MileSAAver rate, rather than AA's AAnytime rate? Or is there no correlation since it's searching through BA rather than through AA?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisremo
I just signed up for AwardNexus for the first time, and it seems like a really impressive tool!

I've been searching on the AwardNexus site and through this thread but can't find the answer to this question; apologies if it seems obvious.

I'm looking for JL First availability next spring/summer (SFO-HND/NRT). I noticed that all the results returned by AwardNexus are listed as "Low/Saver" awards. There seem to be no exceptions. Does this mean if I attempt to book these tickets with AA miles, they will only incur AA's MileSAAver rate, rather than AA's AAnytime rate? Or is there no correlation since it's searching through BA rather than through AA?
Welcome! And thanks for being a member.

AA miles can only be used to redeem for partner airline flights at the saver rate. There is no anytime rate for use on non-AA/US flights. Therefore, if you see availability for a JL award, the price in AA miles will be the saver rate.

This is generally the case across other programs as well. The partner flight awards are only available at the low saver rates. This is why you see the rate displayed as "low / saver" on Award Nexus.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AA
Welcome! And thanks for being a member.

AA miles can only be used to redeem for partner airline flights at the saver rate. There is no anytime rate for use on non-AA/US flights. Therefore, if you see availability for a JL award, the price in AA miles will be the saver rate.

This is generally the case across other programs as well. The partner flight awards are only available at the low saver rates. This is why you see the rate displayed as "low / saver" on Award Nexus.

Well I feel like an idiot!

This makes total sense in terms of the published award chart. I just never realized since I am new to booking partner awards that aren't available on the website. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Well I feel like an idiot!

This makes total sense in terms of the published award chart. I just never realized since I am new to booking partner awards that aren't available on the website. Thanks!
Not a problem. Glad to help!

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I haven't used the automated daily search very much and almost enjoying it for the first time now. It is certainly convenient to have it run automatically at a time of your choosing and have the results in email. I wish airlines and OTAs were so friendly.

Question: I realize that the emails contain a link to modify/cancel the search. However, where can I do directly at the website?

Last edited by aktchi; Aug 8, 2015 at 8:18 am
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aktchi
I haven't used the automated daily search very much and almost enjoying it for the first time now. It is certainly convenient to have it run automatically at a time of your choosing and have the results in email. I wish airlines and OTAs were so friendly.

Question: I realize that the emails contain a link to modify/cancel the search. However, where can I do directly at the website?
Hi aktchi, thanks for being a member!

On the site, if you look under the list of automated searches (email alerts), you should see a "modify" link that will let you change an existing search.

Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:16 am

Maybe a very general question, but how does one search for 3 (or just more than 2 seats) using Award Nexus? What level is required to do that? I'm just a regular ol' community member.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Maybe a very general question, but how does one search for 3 (or just more than 2 seats) using Award Nexus? What level is required to do that? I'm just a regular ol' community member.
In the search dropdown, select 3? I wish it supports 4 or even more...
https://awardnexus.com/collage/search

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.