Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm new to Awardnexus but I've read good things about it. I'm trying to book a business flight from Lyon (LYS) to LAX in March 2016. AN shows availability in LX from LYS-ZRH-LAX on that date, but when I go to United webpage and search for the individual segments, I see availability from LYS-ZRH, but no J seats for ZRH-LAX. Would I just be able to call the United MP line to book these manually? AN does say "2 x NH business award"-- does that mean I can only book it with ANA miles and not United miles? I don't have any ANA miles.
Hi Dave, welcome!

ANA recently revamped their reservation systems. As a results, I am seeing some reports of phantom award space on a few searches.

In your case, I checked a number of sources for you, and I am leaning toward that flight not being available for UA miles redemption. It is available for redemption if you have Lufthansa MM mores.

However, I still recommend that you give UA a call, just in case they manage to book it (and if they do, please report back).

In general, award space found on one airline should be redeemable by all partners of that airline. The Lufthansa group (which LX is part of) is one of the few cases in which it sometimes doesn't hold, especially if you are using another mileage program such as UA. It means that you need to do a little more work to confirm availability when it comes to those flights.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Can you fix it so you can search BOS-HKG on CX?
Sure. I added the new HKG-BOS route to the system, so you should now be able to search for it.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
@CKPeter,

I've been using your service for a few years now, and it continues to prove extremely valuable. Was looking for HND-SFO Japan Airlines first class... Had an alert set up. Nothing. Then 48 hours ago, boom! One seat opened up. I booked it for my wife. The alert kept going, and then boom! The next day, 24 hours ago, one more seat up! I snagged that one for me!

I just wanted to give a big THANKS. Keep up the great work. Your tool has helped make a lot of my vacations very special.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
CK: I just signed up and ran a search. Is it possible to have searches only for non-stops? I'm looking for F-awards from EU-West Coast USA.

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 747FC
CK: I just signed up and ran a search. Is it possible to have searches only for non-stops? I'm looking for F-awards from EU-West Coast USA.

Thanks.
Yes - in the filter, you put "direct"
Old May 15, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Thanks, but I see no such option except for filtering after a search is completed.
Old May 16, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

@CKPeter,

I've been using your service for a few years now, and it continues to prove extremely valuable. Was looking for HND-SFO Japan Airlines first class... Had an alert set up. Nothing. Then 48 hours ago, boom! One seat opened up. I booked it for my wife. The alert kept going, and then boom! The next day, 24 hours ago, one more seat up! I snagged that one for me!

I just wanted to give a big THANKS. Keep up the great work. Your tool has helped make a lot of my vacations very special.
That's great! Congratulations on the double JL F redemptions. I have heard good things about it.

Appreciate you being a long-time member. Let me know if you need any help with your trips.
Old May 16, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Thanks, but I see no such option except for filtering after a search is completed.
Welcome!

Two places to specify that you want direct flights:

On the search result page, you can check the "direct" box on the left to show only direct flights.

If you are setting up an automated search, you can put "direct" in the Quick Select box to only trigger the email alert if a direct flight is found.

Old May 16, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Welcome!

Two places to specify that you want direct flights:

On the search result page, you can check the "direct" box on the left to show only direct flights.

If you are setting up an automated search, you can put "direct" in the Quick Select box to only trigger the email alert if a direct flight is found.

Thanks, CK. Still don't see the Quick Select box. Is this only available on a premium subscription?

I do see the one on the search result page, but that is only useful after using resources.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, CK. Still don't see the Quick Select box. Is this only available on a premium subscription?

I do see the one on the search result page, but that is only useful after using resources.
The Quick Select box on the left side of the search result page, under the checkboxes. You can put in "direct" - it has the same effect as only checking the "direct" checkbox.

There is not a way to specify direct flight only before the search, but after the search is done, you can check the box to only show direct flights.
Old May 18, 2015, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lewinr
For what you want I think www.awardnexus.com is a better fit than KVS.
Perhaps I'm not using it properly, but I find AN a real pain. Searches are manual, slow and cumbersome, so finding reward availability for a broad range of dates is not really easy.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:01 am

Yes, awardnexus not as simple to use as ExpertFlyer/KVS but it does do UA searches and email alerts.

Since this is the KVS thread it will be more polite to discuss awardnexus further in its own thread.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:46 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Awardnexus not working today?

Hi,

I am trying to search fro an award using AA miles. In Awardnexus, I was trying to use the route explorer to identify possible route options. After I type in source and destination, etc, it says "PLEASE WAIT....LOADING...", but does not display any routes. Do I need to adjust my browser, or is AN under maintenance? Please advise.

YRS
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yrs
Hi,

I am trying to search fro an award using AA miles. In Awardnexus, I was trying to use the route explorer to identify possible route options. After I type in source and destination, etc, it says "PLEASE WAIT....LOADING...", but does not display any routes. Do I need to adjust my browser, or is AN under maintenance? Please advise.

YRS
All systems are normal at this point. One thing that may have happened is if you specify a routing configuration that is too complex (e.g. 2+ stops over long-distance with lots of airlines flying), you may be running into browser timeout issue.

Try reducing the search options, particularly by reducing the "Max mileage". The page will time out if the options are too complex and takes more than 60s to run.

Let me know if you still have issues with it.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:47 pm

Big compliment to the tool!
I used it today for the first time and the results are amazing. It saves so much time with calling airlines for redeeming miles while having itineraries right in front of you.
Will be happy to use it more frequently in future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.