Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:11 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by baseline
Registration is coming shortly, and it will allow you to set your preferences as well as view tracked rentals.

In the meantime, you can just email us at support<at>autoslash.com, and we'll be happy to send you a list of rentals we are currently tracking for you.
Great, thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Thumbs up AutoSlash.com & Perrin Report

Congrats to Backslash & Jackal!
In the Nov issue of Conde Nast, AutoSlash is cited in the Perrin Report as one of the "Magic Tools to Save You Time & Money". Any referral by Wendy is great but to be mentioned in the "Best in the World" issue is 2x cool. Good going guys!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by travelsavant
In the Nov issue of Conde Nast, AutoSlash is cited in the Perrin Report as one of the "Magic Tools to Save You Time & Money". Any referral by Wendy is great but to be mentioned in the "Best in the World" issue is 2x cool. Good going guys!
Thank you! We were honored to be considered worthy of inclusion in the list.

In other news, AutoSlash was profiled by Kim Vatis on NBC News in Chicago this week. You can check it out by clicking here. This segment just aired, but taped the day before the FT Chicago DO where I participated in the Rental Car Kings presentation. AutoSlash <3 Chicago!

Thanks for all the support here!!!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:45 pm

Programs: All
Had a chance to check it out. Liked it. Used it. Made my reservation. Day later got an email that it saved me more money. Yea! recommend it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So when is it okay to promote your business on FlyerTalk?

I mean, this looks like a super cool service, but loads of threads get shut down when people (yes, they're usually not FT moderators) try to promote a product/service they have a financial interest in.

Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by nerd

I mean, this looks like a super cool service, but loads of threads get shut down when people (yes, they're usually not FT moderators) try to promote a product/service they have a financial interest in.

Excellent question. Was wondering that myself.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:09 pm

First off, it was never our intention to use this thread as any sort of promotional vehicle. In fact, I tend to not even post here unless it's in response to others comments or questions, or when I have something to announce in terms of significant new site functionality that I think the the FT community would be interested in (very occasionally). We understand that there is a fine line here, and we always try to stay on the right side of the line.

Second, this has come up before and Randy Petersen weighed in on the issue. You can see his comments here.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

Originally Posted by Djlawman
Excellent question. Was wondering that myself.
The question has already been answered by Randy Petersen himself: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/only-...l#post14110669

Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
The question has already been answered by Randy Petersen himself: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/only-...l#post14110669
Thanks. It was too obvious a question to not have been asked - but I figured someone better versed than me would be able to point to the answer.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by travelsavant
Way to go Guys.

Good work!!!

You've saved me dinero on several res already^^
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BOB W
You've saved me dinero on several res already^^
I talked a friend into using AutoSlash for a van rental on our trip to Maui in a couple weeks.

AutoSlash has already saved him $200 over the original booking price which was pretty impressive all by itself.

My friend is a definite convert.

As am I.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
My rental for this weekend got autoslashed 4 or 5 times in the past 3 months from $141 to $97. You have a convert. ^^
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Trying to make a ressie and keep getting
We're sorry, we could not process your request.
What you can do:

Please try your request again.
I've given up after 5 attempts
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Trying to make a ressie and keep getting

I've given up after 5 attempts
Sorry you were having a problem. I just tried a test reservation and it went through OK. We've seen some instances where something weird gets cached in the browser and it seems to keep hanging up. Closing and re-opening your browser seems to resolve it.

If you like, feel free to PM me your location(s), dates and times and vehicle preference, and I will reply back quickly with discounted rates.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Autoslash mentioned in the NYT this week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.