Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com

Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just saved about $200 total on two separate car rentals in Greece, one 3 day and one 4 day. My benchmark is a superb Hertz rate that I normally use, and that rarely can be beat. I ran the rental dates thru AutoSlash just to see, and my jaw dropped. The other company (Dollar) wasn't onsite at the airport, but met us in the Arrivals Hall. Returning the car was a bit trickier; we had to meet the person outside the terminal. It was worth it given the significant savings.
What a great story AND attitude! This reminds me of several discussions I have had with friends and colleagues with regards to the airport car rental experience.

Someone: I don't want to deal with ABC Company. I'm spoiled. I want to go straight to my car and I want 100% convenience when I return the car.
Evan!: So you're telling me that if you got off the plane and someone greeted you and said "I'll give you $200 to stand in that line for 15 minutes and rent from XYZ Company instead of ABC Company's elite service" that you would turn them down?!?
Someone: Well when you put it like that........

And coincidentally I always use the arbitrary amount of $200 when I am making my point.

autoslash.com, for me at least, has been a real success story. And I don't get a kickback for saying this.... all right I lied... Jonathan sent me an autoslash.com T-shirt... But I fully disclosed this on my campaign contribution reports....
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Evan!
all right I lied... Jonathan sent me an autoslash.com T-shirt...
You got a t-shirt?

Mucho jealous!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by gleff
You got a t-shirt?

Mucho jealous!
It was a t-shirt not a kidney!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Evan!
It was a t-shirt not a kidney!
If htere's one thing that my life has taught me, is that i don't actually need a kidney!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:18 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by gleff
You got a t-shirt?

Mucho jealous!
OK gleff, I admit that I have been negligent in my duties to provide shirts for supporters. Please PM me your t-shirt size and your address and I'll get a t-shirt out to you ASAP.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baseline
OK gleff, I admit that I have been negligent in my duties to provide shirts for supporters. Please PM me your t-shirt size and your address and I'll get a t-shirt out to you ASAP.
Oh I was just giving you a hard time.

Invest your resources in continually improving your excellent product and I'll be more than happy ^
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I've had three different rentals in the last five weeks. In every case I shopped the car companies directly, the big Internet sites and AutoSlash. In each case AutoSlash came up with the best rate (Hertz at BLI believe it or not) and in all three cases I was notified prior to the rental that they had found a lower rate. Twice by over $70.00 for two week rentals.

Good going Guys^
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:52 pm

Any plans for listing exotics and hybrids?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by mapsmith
Any plans for listing exotics and hybrids?
You can search for hybrids now. On the homepage, under car class, just select Green Cars. It will show the eco-friendly models with a little green leaf icon in the grid. When you click through on a particular car, you'll see something like:

Intermediate Car
Hybrid with automatic transmission, air conditioning
Toyota Prius or similar

No plans for exotics in the near future, but we'd like to support them eventually.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
I've had three different rentals in the last five weeks. In every case I shopped the car companies directly, the big Internet sites and AutoSlash. In each case AutoSlash came up with the best rate (Hertz at BLI believe it or not) and in all three cases I was notified prior to the rental that they had found a lower rate. Twice by over $70.00 for two week rentals.

Good going Guys^
Thanks for the feedback Bob W! It's comments like yours that keeps us going and remind us that we're adding a lot of value. Hopefully we'll be able to save you even more on your next rental.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:04 pm

New Price Tracking functionality

Fellow FT'ers,

Those of you who are readers of gleff's View from the Wing blog, are probably already in the loop regarding AutoSlash's recently released Price Tracking service. For those who aren't, I wanted to give you a quick rundown.

As previously discussed in this forum, while AutoSlash supports booking many popular rental companies directly, there are some which we do not currently support. A number of you told us that this was a drawback of the service for you, so we put on our thinking caps to see what we could do to address the issue. Our new Price Tracking functionality is the outcome of this effort.

The concept behind it is very simple. You give us some basic information, like your name, email address, rental company and confirmation number, and we'll begin to track pricing on your rental. If we find a lower price than what you are currently booked at, we'll notify you via email so you can edit your existing reservation or re-book at the lower rate.

We support all of the major companies and the majority of booking sites. This means that pretty much anyone who has an upcoming car rental can potentially benefit from our service. If you are not checking pricing on your rental daily, you are probably leaving money on the table, as a good percentage of rentals drop in price at some point. The earlier you book, and the earlier you start tracking the price, the better your chances are of saving money.

Now obviously we'd still like to encourage folks to book directly with us as it benefits both us and you. It benefits us since we make a small commission on each rental which helps to pay our utility bills so our server does not go kaput. It benefits you because when you book direct, not only will we track the price, but we'll also find the best discount and coupon codes to help lower your rate. Plus, if the price drops, we automatically re-book you at the lower rate, saving you not only time, but ensuring that you don't miss out on a fleeting price reduction. Think of it as a set-it-and-forget it service.

If you have an upcoming rental booked elsewhere, head on over to AutoSlash, click on the "Track a Rental" tab, and enter your info. We'll immediately start monitoring pricing for your rental and notify you if we can save you some money.

As always, thanks for everyone's support. Flyertalk was the spark that got us off the ground, and continues to be a great contributor to our success. It was great meeting many of you at the recent Chicago FT DO, and I look forward to meeting more of the FT community at future events.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:43 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
This is fantastic news for us National renters! Thanks! ^

Is there any way we can view what confirmation numbers are already being tracked?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Is there any way we can view what confirmation numbers are already being tracked?
Not currently, but I don't think it would be very hard to come up with something. Let me look into it and I'll post back here when we have an update.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:04 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by baseline
Not currently, but I don't think it would be very hard to come up with something. Let me look into it and I'll post back here when we have an update.
That would be awesome, thanks! (I gather that you do not currently have people register for Autoslash accounts, but that might eventually make it easier for users to track such things.)
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by dstan
That would be awesome, thanks! (I gather that you do not currently have people register for Autoslash accounts, but that might eventually make it easier for users to track such things.)
Registration is coming shortly, and it will allow you to set your preferences as well as view tracked rentals.

In the meantime, you can just email us at support<at>autoslash.com, and we'll be happy to send you a list of rentals we are currently tracking for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.