AwardWallet

Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
AwardWallet

I could not figure out which forum this thread should go under, and I am surprised that there is no thread fully devoted to Awardwallet.com yet.

I now have quite a few FF accounts with various airlines and also have a few rewards program accounts. I have been reluctant to open an account with Awardwallet.com (which lately seems to be the most highly rated award program tracking website) due to privacy concerns.

Do those you who have used other sites such as MileTracker think that Awardwallet is the best one out there today? Is most of what you need available for free on there or is there a monthly fee?

When you give Awardwallet your passwords to your frequent flyer accounts, can they access your mailing address, credit card numbers (e.g., if you registered a credit card with any reward program or something like "dining for miles" if "dining for miles" can be tracked), upcoming or past itineraries and other such personal information?

Did you give Awardwallet your regular e-mail address or a secondary one? if you gave them your regular e-mail address, do you get a lot of spam/ad type mail sent to you?

Is it worth having this kind of tracking system? I suppose everyone will say yes to that one.

Thanks.

Last edited by zanzibar; Feb 28, 2010 at 10:29 am
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:08 pm

I like the site quite a bit. I was using PageOnce before - this is much better.

They do offer the option to store your passwords on the computer or on their site. They default to their site, but I've changed them to be on my computer. Of course, if I should wipe my cookies, I presume they would be gone.

So far so good - it's really pretty nice. I donated $5.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:50 am

main thread here.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Awardwallet.com

I've tried Yodlee, MileTracker/ MilePort (they are the same thing), and points.com -- for the 30+ programs I belong to, AwardWallet is the ONLY one with perfect, bug-free coverage. Yodlee had about 90% coverage, MileTracker/ MilePort had 50% and much of that was buggy, and points.com covered only a few programs.

They also have a superior security model: they provide a means of NOT storing your passwords out "in the cloud" on their site, instead storing them on your own PC. (I used to run a global IT Security software company -- so there is some reason to believe me when I say this is better!).

On the few occasions I've had requests or feedback for the AwardWallet team, they have been EXTREMELY responsive, even adding a couple of obscure programs at my request (FlyPorter and Malaysia Enrich).

Highly recommended!

Cheers,
R.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:01 am
Company Representative - AwardWallet

I wanted to point out one thing that I believe not everybody understands about storing passwords locally. If you choose to store your passwords locally on your PC AwardWallet will not be able to check / monitor your balances automatically. Normally AwardWallet checks balances for any sort of changes about once a day or every other day automatically. If reward program changes rules for example and changes its expiration policy AwardWallet may detect that change and all accounts that sore password with AwardWallet will be updated with new expiration date, the ones that store passwords locally will only be updated when the user logs-in and checks the programs manually.

http://www.awardwallet.com
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Yes, I have used MileTracker and still use the Fidelity-branded version of Yodlee (and I used native Yodlee several years ago), but I forked over the few bucks for the paid version of AwardWallet. I find it much more functional and effective than any of the others.

And the full discussion of all of these options is in the thread noted above.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Yep, Awardwallet has been mentioned multiple times on the main thread. Most responses have been positive. I have had nothing but a positive experience so far. I have added my wife's accounts too, and it's so easy to track miles for the entire household.

If you want to, you can donate as low as $1 to get access to their premium features too.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:42 am
Community Director Emerita

I'm a big fan of AwardWallet. I switched to it about two months ago. It easily and reliably checks each of my accounts. I can manage my husband's accounts on the same page as mine. It's nice to be able to check his balances with the same click when I check mine. I very much like the summary of changed account balances that I am sent weekly.

I'm less interested in the hotel and air reservations that it picks up from my mileage accounts and sends me. I use TripIt to collect that information.

I stubbornly held on to my MileTracker account for many years. Despite email exchanges with them, they rarely corrected programming problems. AwardWallet is a pleasure to use as it reliably accesses every program.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
MileTracker/DeskPort is dead to me now.

I am an Awardwallet convert!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, AA, BA, US
Originally Posted by veresch
I wanted to point out one thing that I believe not everybody understands about storing passwords locally. If you choose to store your passwords locally on your PC AwardWallet will not be able to check / monitor your balances automatically. Normally AwardWallet checks balances for any sort of changes about once a day or every other day automatically. If reward program changes rules for example and changes its expiration policy AwardWallet may detect that change and all accounts that sore password with AwardWallet will be updated with new expiration date, the ones that store passwords locally will only be updated when the user logs-in and checks the programs manually.

http://www.awardwallet.com
This is true. But updating is very easy; you can update all balances with a a single click.

I really like the program.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:36 pm

Post We hate SPAM too

I wanted to address the question concerning Email. We hate SPAM. We do not SPAM our members. We only send out a few types of emails.

Originally Posted by zanzibar
Did you give Awardwallet your regular e-mail address or a secondary one? if you gave them your regular e-mail address, do you get a lot of spam/ad type mail?
Emails we send
1 - Account Activity Summary Every Saturday we send account activity summaries to our users. You will only get this email if you have had programs increase or decrease in miles or points.
2 - Expiration Warning We send emails at 90, 60, 30 and 7 days before miles will expire from a program.
3 - Sharing we email you if a user is requesting to share point info with you or a user registered at your request.
4 - You can also have your automatically gathered itineraries emailed to you. However, you can turn this feature off under My Account.

We are always open to suggestions so please let us know how we can improve.

Thanks,
- The AwardWallet Team
www.AwardWallet.com
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tusflyer
This is true. But updating is very easy; you can update all balances with a a single click.

I really like the program.
Even so, it does store your balances. I accessed this from another computer, and while it couldn't update, it knew my numbers. Pretty nice.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Ok, you talked me into it!

Ok, you talked me into it!

I just switched over to Award Wallet .... so far it's great .... nice that all the programs work!

But, I did like the Summary option at Mile Tracker .... all my family's accounts fit and printed out on a one page summary/chart. Nice, easy reference when either on-line or off-line.

My printout at Award Wallet is 3 pages long and more difficult to use as a reference.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 2:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
But, I did like the Summary option at Mile Tracker .... all my family's accounts fit and printed out on a one page summary/chart. Nice, easy reference when either on-line or off-line.
I agree. AwardWallet is overwhelmingly the better program, but this is a display feature that I prefer at MileageTracker. It's nice to have a quick visual snapshot of accounts.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
My printout at Award Wallet is 3 pages long and more difficult to use as a reference.
Thanks for the feedback. We will work on making the print out more compact and easier to view.

Remember, you can also access AwardWallet via mobile devices. Point your browser to www.AwardWallet.com. We will detect the browser that is being used and redirect you to m.AwardWallet.com.

Thanks,
- The AwardWallet Team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.