Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:51 am
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by thesilb
Just wanted to add my support as well - I have been using AwardWallet for about 3 months now and it hands-down is the best of class solution out there. Bye, bye, MileTracker.

I agree with the suggestion above that there be some consideration of shortening the period for which the +/- displays. I am not sure I even really understand when it resets. I think it just stays as +/- until the "next activity" - which could be many months from now. I think I actually like what MileTracker does in this one narrow regard, that is, it shows +/- based off of your last search, not some point in time. Anyway, a small comment in an overall great program.

I gave $10 and plan to give more periodically, and encourage all others to donate, too. ^
Thanks! So let me clarify some things about the last change:

1. Right by your balance (for example you have 11,700 points) you may see the last change (+1,398) and arrow pointing up. What this means is that last change that happened to your balance was +1,398 points. This could have happened a year ago or a week ago, it doesn't matter, we are just saying that last time your balance changed by this many points. It has nothing to do with any future changes, it also has nothing to do with how recent this change is.

2. If an account is working properly (balances getting checked with no problems) you will see a green check mark by the program ( http://awardwallet.com/images/successState.gif ) however if this specific program was recently updated that check mark shows that a new balance posted within last 24 hours: http://awardwallet.com/images/changed.gif - this is an indication that something changed on the account within the last 24 hours.

Does that make sense?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Amtrak upgrades

^^ Award wallet just added a feature to track the exp date of amtrak awards - whicch should be based on 3 years since your last amtrak travel - not activity account

it seems to be working correctly on my account
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Here's a little suggestion for Award Wallet:

I'm tracking about 15 accounts (both mine and my wife's accounts). When I sign on, I like to click the button that checks all accounts. That button is at the bottom of the page, so I always have to scroll down to get to it. This is a minor thing, but it would save me a few moments if you moved the "check all accounts" button up to the top of the page.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:49 pm

I have been using Awardwallet to track 20+ programs and it works amazingly well.
I am curious how Awardwallet gets permission from all these big airlines to access their member databases? As most of us can attest, these big airlines are very beaurocratic and rarely on the "cusp of technology". I am surprised how Awardwallet is able to integrate their sites without any difficulty or bugs?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:06 pm

Award tracker is a great site
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AwardWallet seems to be totally down for me. Not that I can't wait a day, but I do like to see my miles . . .
Old May 1, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Sure glad I saw this yesterday. I signed up 25 programs on it and donated to them. In reviewing the accounts, I noticed that one was expiring that very day! Not a lot of miles in my United account, but with the possibility of the Continental merger they would be nice to keep. They're sentimental miles from my first trip to Europe in 2008.

So thanks OP!

Frenchie Flyer
Old May 7, 2010, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
Please try to add Borders, Barnes & Noble and Amazon on your other programs list! Thanks.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:52 pm

Another ^ for this site. LOVE the ease and convenience.
Old May 7, 2010, 9:19 pm

How does the Chase Premier rewards card work on here? I added, but then realized this was connected to banking and I wasn't comfortable with that. Is there another way to link?
Old May 8, 2010, 6:33 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I just started to try it out and realized that once you enter a username, it does not allow you to edit it when you make a spelling mistake. You have to delete the account and try again.
It loads very fast, unlike my BofA (? sign of security checks with Yodlee)
and the idea of a site keeping track of expirations is very useful.
I still use mileage manager and pay for it for the award alerts (not very useful so far this year..)

Also like the others it s very slow to enter all the data
What is needed is a simple page like a spreadsheet where the first column is the airline
the second is the program
third is your username
4th is your password (set not to show when typing or after typing for security)
Automatically include any program with password as being tracked
one button at the end for update info.
and perhaps another column for typr Airline, hotel etc
and another for username
So that we can simply click by user, type, program etc

Last edited by ffI; May 8, 2010 at 6:42 am
Old May 8, 2010, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
AwardWallet has been great, support for plenty of programs and pretty darned reliable, when a program updates its website AwardWallet updates to match.

I do wish checking balances was a bit faster, but then I'm checking a lot of accounts. They check one at a time rather than making multiple simultaneous connections. The developers know my thoughts on this, hopefully they'll ramp this up in a future release.

I suppose there aren't that many users checking as many accounts as I am !

And on the whole, it's very much the tool of choice for this function.
Old May 8, 2010, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffI
I just started to try it out and realized that once you enter a username, it does not allow you to edit it when you make a spelling mistake. You have to delete the account and try again.
It loads very fast, unlike my BofA (? sign of security checks with Yodlee)
and the idea of a site keeping track of expirations is very useful.
I still use mileage manager and pay for it for the award alerts (not very useful so far this year..)

Also like the others it s very slow to enter all the data
What is needed is a simple page like a spreadsheet where the first column is the airline
the second is the program
third is your username
4th is your password (set not to show when typing or after typing for security)
Automatically include any program with password as being tracked
one button at the end for update info.
and perhaps another column for typr Airline, hotel etc
and another for username
So that we can simply click by user, type, program etc

Having used this for months now, yes, entry is slow, but that's a one-time deal. Then, using it is great!

Also, I can edit my username no problem by clicking "edit." Maybe that's only after it works once?
Old May 8, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
AwardWallet has been great, support for plenty of programs and pretty darned reliable, when a program updates its website AwardWallet updates to match.

I do wish checking balances was a bit faster, but then I'm checking a lot of accounts. They check one at a time rather than making multiple simultaneous connections. The developers know my thoughts on this, hopefully they'll ramp this up in a future release.

I suppose there aren't that many users checking as many accounts as I am !

And on the whole, it's very much the tool of choice for this function.
You are the king - wanna tell us how many you have?

I've got 45 in there for me and my family (wife and two kids).
Old May 8, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
You have me beat. I have 35 for the family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.