Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:07 pm

awardwallet restore local password

When I click on "RESTORE LOCAL PASSWORD" in my awardwallet account, the login/password box doesn't show up. Anyone else having this issue?
I tried the typical troubleshooting steps.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Is it safe to use awardwallet.com?

I am new to this awardwallet. If you have over 2,000,000 miles/hotel points, will you use awardwallet.com or excel spreadsheet to keep track your points?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
is it safe to keep track all your miles/hotel points if you have over 2,000,000 miles/hotel points in Award Wallet.com?
I am currently use spreadsheet to keep track all my points.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:17 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
is it safe to keep track all your miles/hotel points if you have over 2,000,000 miles/hotel points in Award Wallet.com?
I am currently use spreadsheet to keep track all my points.
What difference does it make if you have 1 or 2MM points? I been using them without any issues. Looks like a lot of other people been using them for years without any issues.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
quick question, just a few days ago, I was able to see all my UR accounts in AW, now all of a sudden I see on UR account for Chase and it has all my points combined from all 3 UR earning cards I have. I liked the breakdown that I was able to view before.

is there any way to get those details to show up again? or was this an update?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Far too many
Safety

Originally Posted by g11
What difference does it make if you have 1 or 2MM points? I been using them without any issues. Looks like a lot of other people been using them for years without any issues.

This seems to me like a legitimate issue to consider. And the number of points is relevant to the risk of aggregating and monitoring them in one place.

For me, the practical need to monitor all these programs, know when points are deposited, and when they are due to expire is enough of a reason to decide that it makes sense to use the program. Additionally, the humans behind it are clearly conscientious and trustworthy.

That does not mean that there is no risk. There is an incentive to break in, and also mistakes do happen. At least if there was someone unauthorized, say, booking travel from my accounts, I would know as soon as I updated on AW.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:43 pm

anyone having an issue with awardwallet tonight?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazypalooza
anyone having an issue with awardwallet tonight?
yep - down for me
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just wanted to thank award wallet ^^

I don't use HH very much, but have some points I don't want to lose. I make a purchase (or stay) every year to keep the account alive.

I did that this year in January and received the points within 3 weeks. Yesterday I received an alert that my balance changed. I took a look, and it appeared that the merchant reversed the points, even though I did not return anything and the product (from L'occitane) is already used up

I called HH and they "fixed" it by giving me additional points to keep the account active, because they couldn't explain it either.

In any event, if it were not for AW, my points would expire at the end of this month and I would never know.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For expiration alert, AW states it will "Notify when balances expire via email (frequency: 90, 60, 30, and 7 days before expiration)".

I originally read it as you can specify the timing of the alert. But I don't see that option. So I'm guessing it will just automatically send you an alert at each interval. Yeah?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:03 pm

I am just wondering... what are other alternatives to awardwallet? I know of usingmiles and gomilies. any other?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:48 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has something changed recently with Awardwallet.com? The "keep me logged in" function does not seem to work any more.

Using Chrome browser on Mac OSX. Same issue with two different laptops configured the same. Chrome remembers my password but Awardwallet will not keep me signed in
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I've noticed the same on Chrome on a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:10 am

anyone having an issue with awardwallet today?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question A few questions about Awardwallet

Skimming through this useful thread, I'm finding Awardwallet appealing. But especially since there are very few recent posts, I have a few questions:

1. Most of all, do folks still recommend Awardwallet? Any recent changes for better or worse?
2. In addition to a site for keeping track of points and miles, I'm looking for one in which I can easily store and retrieve my various airline, hotel, credit card and bank IDs and passwords, for me to easily access when logging onto those businesses' own sites. Is Awardwallet good for this? If not, any alternatives folks would recommend?
3. For that matter, I've seen a few posts recommending storing one's IDs and passwords on your own laptop rather than in the cloud for security reasons, though this has disadvantages in terms of Awardwallet updating your accounts. Any further thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of these two approaches?
4. Any good alternatives to Awardwallet that folks would recommend for points/miles-tracking?

Thanks for any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.