AwardWallet

Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: All main US FF programs basic level
I went ahead and opened an account.

Absolutely love it so far.

They give you a free account upgrade if you get five other people to join.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
I have the premium account so I can see expiration dates. I wish I could sort all accounts by expiration date, regardless of the owner, to know which acounts need activity first.
This would definitely be a great feature!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 1:10 pm

I love Award Wallet. I wish they would support the Travelocity Master Card from Barclay/Juniper Bank.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 3:37 pm

Award Wallet can access info

So can award wallet gain our credit card info then and use it? Is it safe or not to use? I signed up and I like what I see so far
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by hoyafan100
So can award wallet gain our credit card info then and use it? Is it safe or not to use? I signed up and I like what I see so far
I guess the technical answer is yes if you store your logins and passwords on their server.

They would have access to your entire profile for each program and if a stored card is there, they would have access to that too. They could even book an award for someone else using your points/miles. That would be very traceable and stupid.

They technically can do it but will it happen is anyone's guess. I personally am not nervous. I equate it to the bank having my account number. Can someone abuse it, yes, will they abuse it, unlikely. However, I can not speak for awardwallet and the safeguards they have.

If you are nervous, store your data on your hard drive, which in itself poses some risk like anything on your drive. Or you can remove your stored cards for each program.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:44 pm
Company Representative - AwardWallet

Originally Posted by hoyafan100
I wanted to address this concern...
  1. We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer's data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
  2. All of your sensitive data is encrypted in our secure database using public private key technology. Whenever we transfer your passwords we use https secure protocol. We also give you the ability to store your passwords locally on your computer in a cookie. In our opinion this is not any more secure than storing your passwords in our database as most likely our database is better protected than your computer. There are also other advantages of storing your passwords in our database, for example we would be able to automatically check your balances for you and then send you a report with your balance changes. Finally, thousands of people have trusted us with their account information, our service is very mature (we launched our website in 2004) and the website is hosted and founded in the United States of America.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by AwardWallet
Thanks for the feedback. We will work on making the print out more compact and easier to view.

Remember, you can also access AwardWallet via mobile devices. Point your browser to www.AwardWallet.com. We will detect the browser that is being used and redirect you to m.AwardWallet.com.

Thanks,
- The AwardWallet Team
The mobile ability is great. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, AMEX Plat, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold
I submitted a suggestion to add the expiration date for Air Canada. Within two hours, I had a response saying:

Sounds good. We will add that to AwardWallet.

I was pretty impressed by that.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I just signed up and it looks good, so far. I had used Miletracker many years ago, but it was so flakey, for so long, I gave up.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
So far, so good. I love Award wallet. I just have one suggestion. I love how the service updates the balances and then highlights changes (i.e. up 1500 miles, down 7 points, etc.) for the new activity. I check the site at least once everyday. Is there a way to shorten how long the new activity reflects? After seeing it once or twice, I pretty much know the balance has changed. I then have to cull through and see what has actually changed. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Pretty impressed with the site so far.

I also like how Awardwallet is here on flyertalk responding to our ideas and suggestions.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT
I will be joining AwardWallet based upon the recommendations here. Is there any sort of referral bonus? If so, would anyone like to receive referral credit? I note that zanzibar mentioned the "refer five people and get an upgrade." If this is the only referral bonus, I would request that anyone that wants to receive credit for my sign up be realistic about your ability to actual get four others, or already be on your way to it...
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, AMEX Plat, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by hopscotch1
I submitted a suggestion to add the expiration date for Air Canada. Within two hours, I had a response saying:

Sounds good. We will add that to AwardWallet.

I was pretty impressed by that.
Already implemented. Wow that was quick, less than 24 hours.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:32 pm

I signed up yesterday and added 39 accounts for me, my wife and kids. This is the coolest thing.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by hopscotch1
Already implemented. Wow that was quick, less than 24 hours.
I put in a suggestion and got a response within a few hours. Good business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.