Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:18 pm

In what areas that awardwallet.com is better than points.com? I only have accounts with points.com and thinking about trying something new. Points.com seems a bit slow to me.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chespeak2002
In what areas that awardwallet.com is better than points.com? I only have accounts with points.com and thinking about trying something new. Points.com seems a bit slow to me.
It's a pretty different animal, really. Points.com is largely about trading and buying points, and is, at the moment, extremely slow, buggy, and all around painful to use.

On the other hand, AwardWallet is really just for tracking points, and is fast, efficient, and pretty lightweight.

I agree with others that the interface could use an upgrade, but not at the expense of the Points.com upgrade, which basically ruined that site for me.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: Spirit,AAdvantage,Onepass,WorldPerks
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I really like AW especially the fact that they log you in automatically when you click. why can't mint.com have such a feature (or fo they?)
Old Nov 8, 2010, 9:53 am

i tried awardwallet but was bugged that it didn't work with southwest, it was a little clunky to, i liked that they logged you automatically in the programs, but i recently switched to usingmiles.com and it works great! a lot better than awardwallet and points, and they support southwest RR credits.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Any updates on problems?

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I love AwardWallet, but I certainly have had trouble with it hanging in recent weeks. It's frustrating. And then if I begin again, it starts from account one all over again.
I'm thinking of using AW, but would like to know whether the problems that SD1K and others reported are still going on. Any updates on this?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:14 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
It got better, no problems anymore.
Awardwallet is the way to go.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
AwardWallet is excellent. Yes it tracks all your FF programs. The real jewel is the flight tracker and change updater in the Plans module. AW is on the way up. Points.com is on the way down.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:35 pm
np

[QUOTE=Jim055;15109874]AwardWallet is excellent. Yes it tracks all your FF programs. The real jewel is the flight tracker and change updater in the Plans module. AW is on the way up. Points.com is on the way down.[/QUOTE

Has anyone else noticed that in the past few weeks aw hangs? It is getting a little annoying. Maybe my computer?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:17 am

[QUOTE=np;15110575]
Originally Posted by Jim055
AwardWallet is excellent. Yes it tracks all your FF programs. The real jewel is the flight tracker and change updater in the Plans module. AW is on the way up. Points.com is on the way down.[/QUOTE

Has anyone else noticed that in the past few weeks aw hangs? It is getting a little annoying. Maybe my computer?
No hanging on my end. Maybe try clearing your broswer's cache?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:50 am

when a program changes its webpage (e.g., like delta did a month or two ago), awardwallet has to change the way it accesses that page to get updated info. you can click the "contact us" link to send them a message about it. they seem to take care of changes within a few weeks at most.

there are other factors that can cause hangs, such as a lot of traffic at the program's website making it difficult for awardwallet to log in. checking your balances when the program website is updating (3-6am EST is probably the most common window) could also cause timeouts.

if you store your passcodes locally, check to see if you've lost data. i recently wiped my firefox browser's cache, cookies, and history, and had to re-enter my passwords.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:26 pm

I'd like to get an invite to usingmiles.com can anyone please send me an invite? It is my username here on flyertalk @ gmail.com

Thanks!!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: No preference
One of my rewards accoutns currently has 0 points, but awardwallet is showing almost 300,000. Too bad I can't redeem through awardwallet directly.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
AwardWallet is fantastic and I have no issues with it. It might occasionally get stuck during an update, but almost always resolved pretty quickly.

Sucks they dont do Southwest, but thats because WN is blocking them, not because they dont want to support them.

I track over 30 programs for 4 people, and its a fantastic resource
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
thanks I am going to give it a try
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Autologging into my Delta account has not been working for the last 4 or 5 days. Just hangs up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.