Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AwardWallet

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 9:33 am

If you have a suggestion to improve the product email them. They are very responsive. I have had 2 suggestions impemented. Each one was implemented in less than a week.

My 2 suggestions:
1) The ungroup feature so you can sort by expiring date.

2) Adding more info to the excel download so excel geeks like me can sort, filter, etc.

...and I am only tracking 23 accounts.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mileshound
If you have a suggestion to improve the product email them. They are very responsive. I have had 2 suggestions impemented. Each one was implemented in less than a week.

My 2 suggestions:
1) The ungroup feature so you can sort by expiring date.

2) Adding more info to the excel download so excel geeks like me can sort, filter, etc.

...and I am only tracking 23 accounts.
+1 on #2
Old May 8, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by josephstern
You are the king - wanna tell us how many you have?

I've got 45 in there for me and my family (wife and two kids).
More than 45.

I don't have kids.

Old May 8, 2010, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
More than 45.

I don't have kids.

OK - not bad!

So how often do you check? That's the killer. I pretty much do it every morning.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:26 am

Great program. Donated $$ to keep it going....

Q: All my Hotel programs expect hilton and spg have unknown expiration dates... Do any of other programs have expiration rules??
Old May 9, 2010, 7:50 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
67 Accounts and going strong.
I did sign up and donate for the better service.

The pages load quickly.
There are a few bugs.

e.g. US awards on LH IAD-FRA-SIN
US puts the same date on conn flights and puts an asterix to show flights are for the next day
On AwardWallet, it shows up as FRA-SIN-IAD_FRA as the FRA departure is at 11 AM and the IAD departure is at 5 PM!

I would also like an expert view with everything in columns

AcctHolder - TYpe - Company - Miles - Expiration etc
so that each entry is in 1 line and not taking up too much space.
Also it should all be sortable at the top

Same for award reservations
Type - Company - PNR - Traveller- date - time - place etc all in a table
Old May 10, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
OK - not bad!

So how often do you check? That's the killer. I pretty much do it every morning.
Me too.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Nifty! Thanks - would never have known about it if not for FT.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: DL
OK - not bad!

same, even when I'm not expecting anything to post. Not super healthy @_@;.
Old May 15, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
I just received a Rewards Activity email from Awardwallet. Oddly, it contained an advertisement that says "We pay CASH for all unused airline miles, and AMEX points." I clicked on it and was brought to a ticket services site that claims to offer discount airline tickets and also buy your airline miles or points for cash. Knowing this I don't see how I could possibly recommend Awardwallet to anyone. Additionally, I'm actually a bit concerned that they have access to my personal information.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I just received a Rewards Activity email from Awardwallet. Oddly, it contained an advertisement that says "We pay CASH for all unused airline miles, and AMEX points." I clicked on it and was brought to a ticket services site that claims to offer discount airline tickets and also buy your airline miles or points for cash. Knowing this I don't see how I could possibly recommend Awardwallet to anyone. Additionally, I'm actually a bit concerned that they have access to my personal information.
I've seen that also, but it's an ad for a third party site - not for Awardwallet, as far as I know.

Advertising is what makes the site run, in addition to our contributions. With no ads, we'd have no newspapers, magazines, NBC, ABC, etc. Just because I don't agree with the products being sold in those types of media, doesn't mean I won't patronize the media.
Old May 15, 2010, 5:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

I suspect that AwardWallet doesn't even know that ad is on their site. I know that unacceptable ads have shown up on FT, and it has taken someone like you noticing and advising FT (and now IB) so that the ad agency can be advised to pull that advertising.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
I've seen that also, but it's an ad for a third party site - not for Awardwallet, as far as I know.

Advertising is what makes the site run, in addition to our contributions. With no ads, we'd have no newspapers, magazines, NBC, ABC, etc. Just because I don't agree with the products being sold in those types of media, doesn't mean I won't patronize the media.
While I understand that advertising makes most everything run, you don't see most outlets running ads for a service that is very likely to get you in hot water. The simple fact that Awardwallet is including advertising for a vendor that engages in practices that are clearly in contradiction with the T&C of most frequent flyer programs makes me question their integrity.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I suspect that AwardWallet doesn't even know that ad is on their site. I know that unacceptable ads have shown up on FT, and it has taken someone like you noticing and advising FT (and now IB) so that the ad agency can be advised to pull that advertising.
Unless they are outsourcing their emails then they have to know that add is there. I'd like an explanation from Awardwallet on this.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Unless they are outsourcing their emails then they have to know that add is there.
That's the way of the internet. Google is really the clearinghouse for these (there are also other companies that do this). Awardwallet would be able to block certain advertisers if they want, in Google, but they don't really get to approve each specific ad.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
From the ads I see on AW, I'd say that all were from the creator of AW, and not through Google.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.