Wiki Posts
Search

New air travel planning tool released [outwardflight]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:33 am
Original Poster

New air travel planning tool released [outwardflight]

Hi,
Now I have released my map-based air travel planning tool. You can find it here:

http://www.outwardflight.com

The tool is web-based, but requires the Silverlight 3 plugin.
The flight data is kept in a central database, where you also can save your journeys, for dsiplay or edit at a later time.

The present functionality is limited, but as the map used is Microsoft Bing map, the potential for future development is very great.
In the Outwardflight support forum you can vote on future improvements, and give other feedback.

The tool uses the Airline Route Mapper database, generously made freely available by the author. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759472

Like Airline Route Mapper , Outwardflight is a hobby project, which I have made for my own education and enjoyment.
I hope some of you will find it useful!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Travel Technology Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Outwardflight has now been completely reengineered and moved to the web application Flajts at http://www.flajts.com. It is still using the Airline Route Mapper (ARM) data. (Thank you again for making the data freely available, cockpitvisit!)
Flajts is much simpler to maintain than Outwardflight, and will be updated very soon after each new ARM release.

Flajts is completely web based, and no plug-ins are needed. It is built with Google maps. You can reach it from any computer connected to the internet, provided you use a reasonable new web browser (for Internet Explorer that means version 8 and newer).
Note that Flajts cannot be used offline.

Flajts has a similar, but not equal, functionality as ARM. It lacks some functions, implements other in a different way, and has (I believe) an additional function: You can more easily find all two-flight routes between any two airports.

Please use this thread, or the contact form of the Flajts application to convey your additional functionality wishes (and bug reports, if any)!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:24 am
Original Poster

New version today

A new version of Flajts has been released today, with possibility to search for three-way flight routes.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Version 1.4.0 released

In this new version you can see all routes from a given airport by right clicking with the mouse on that airport.
Right click again, on any airport, and the routes vanish.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Database updated

New version today with updated database from Airline Route Mapper
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Bookmarked -thanks -looks useful
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:06 am
Original Poster

New version today with updated database from Airline Route Mapper
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Moving to Travel Tools

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.