Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

New! Bose QuietComfort 15 (replaces QuietComfort 2)

Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by julianm
Just walked into a Bose store with my QC15s intending to upgrade to QC25s. Clerk told me Bose expressly forbade any trade-ups to QC25. Only trade-in would be if my QC15s were broken—then he'd trade them for a new pair of QC15s.
I received the same response at my local Bose store.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:25 pm

Amazon's trade-in value for the QC15 is currently $57. Probably going to go with that.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by julianm
Amazon's trade-in value for the QC15 is currently $57. Probably going to go with that.

honestly, you'd probably get more like 100-150$ on craigs or ebay.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Bose store in Yorkdale (Toronto, Canada) said there will be an official trade in program for 15's to 25's in January. Value unknown. I just called them.

Personally though, I think the noise cancellation is better, but I don't like the bass sound profile. (prefer the 15's), so i'm torn. But the leather on mine (headband/ear pieces) are starting to crack
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Bose store in Yorkdale (Toronto, Canada) said there will be an official trade in program for 15's to 25's in January. Value unknown. I just called them.

Personally though, I think the noise cancellation is better, but I don't like the bass sound profile. (prefer the 15's), so i'm torn. But the leather on mine (headband/ear pieces) are starting to crack
Thanks for letting us know. My QC15s, which I received after getting a free trade from Bose for my QC2s in 2010, are also in bad condition. They've flown 500,000+ miles since I got them, so I guess no surprise they're starting to show the wear.

Will call Bose next month and see if they have any offers, etc.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Thanks for letting us know. My QC15s, which I received after getting a free trade from Bose for my QC2s in 2010, are also in bad condition. They've flown 500,000+ miles since I got them, so I guess no surprise they're starting to show the wear.

Ditto. Does anyone know if Bose will officially replace the headband on the 15's if you send them in? I know I can replace my earcups, but can't find anything OEM for the headband.

I'm honestly at a toss up. I don't like the bass on the 25's, but boy does it appear to fold into a much smaller space, and I need every inch for my carry on (I carry quite a few hard drives due to my job, so they take up a lot of room!)

PS Shoot. SORRY - I just realized I posted in the QC15's thread, not the 25's. Lynch me! MOD, please move.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Cross posting this on both QC threads as I mis posted last time (again, apologies all).

--
Well here's an update to the trade up program. I was at the Bose Ottawa (near the Westin). There is a trade up program from the QC15's, but they HAVE to be broken. I said...can I take a hammer to it? They said probably not a good idea, but if I claim that the sound isn't as good or make up some hard to duplicate issue, that it would work

So there you go!
--
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Cross posting this on both QC threads as I mis posted last time (again, apologies all).

--
Well here's an update to the trade up program. I was at the Bose Ottawa (near the Westin). There is a trade up program from the QC15's, but they HAVE to be broken. I said...can I take a hammer to it? They said probably not a good idea, but if I claim that the sound isn't as good or make up some hard to duplicate issue, that it would work

So there you go!
--
i called today, the upgrade to the qc25 is $200. i'm just going to do it since the ear cups and the headband are just falling apart on my QC15s
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by richiezc
i called today, the upgrade to the qc25 is $200. i'm just going to do it since the ear cups and the headband are just falling apart on my QC15s
Tbh might not be the best idea, you can pay the $99 fee for new ones. If you have a friend who works in retail (Bestbuy) you'll get at least $100 off list price
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by eeeaddict
Tbh might not be the best idea, you can pay the $99 fee for new ones.
From where? The Bose stores?

Originally Posted by eeeaddict
If you have a friend who works in retail (Bestbuy) you'll get at least $100 off list price
Which works out to how much - and for which headphones?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: 75K AS, IHG
Apologies to resurrect old thread - the headband and ear cups on my QC15s are decaying and leaving black flakes all over me with each usage. Any suggestions on affordable fixes? I can't seem to even find headband parts. Or is it still possible to get a discounted QC25 upgrade?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by leland
Apologies to resurrect old thread - the headband and ear cups on my QC15s are decaying and leaving black flakes all over me with each usage. Any suggestions on affordable fixes? I can't seem to even find headband parts. Or is it still possible to get a discounted QC25 upgrade?
I just recently bought some knockoff ear cups - the ones Bose sells are fairly expensive. Some people say the knockoffs are too firm but I haven't tried them yet. I haven't noticed any headband parts for sale either.

The fact that Bose is selling replacements leaves me pessimistic about Bose offering a discount based on damaged ear cups, but I didn't check. Others may have more complete information.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by leland
The page below has the replacement parts that Bose sells. I recently had to purchase new ear cushions and a speaker cable for my QC-15s and though pricey, it seemed like a better deal than replacing the headphones.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsup...ccessories_tab
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
The page below has the replacement parts that Bose sells. I recently had to purchase new ear cushions and a speaker cable for my QC-15s and though pricey, it seemed like a better deal than replacing the headphones.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsup...ccessories_tab
Next time we run into each other it would be interesting to compare your genuine replacement ear cushions and my knockoffs, although in fairness yours probably get a lot more use than mine.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd
Next time we run into each other it would be interesting to compare your genuine replacement ear cushions and my knockoffs, although in fairness yours probably get a lot more use than mine.
Deal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.