Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Verizon broadband connectivity problems

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Verizon broadband connectivity problems

I've been having problems connecting with my Verizon broadband Novatel V740 card. The VZ access manager log file posts an error message "disconnected by peer 266" and disconnects right after I'm authenticated and connected to the network. It happens pretty frequently. The error message flummoxed Verizon "level 3 tech support", even after we figured out that he was searching for "pier 266". And apparently Verizon tech support cannot escalate cases, ask the guy next to them, or in anyway resolve open issues and continue to work with me on this. I've tried a bunch of techs. The last one suggested the Verizon store. Sigh. If it were only a Britney Spears ring tone issue...

Google tells me that the best resolution to this problem is to make sure that my wifi adapter is off (it is) and then switch service to Sprint. Which I'm strongly considering.

My best guess was that my O/S was the problem, as this seemed to start around the time I upgraded to OS X 10.6.1. Anyway, I'm looking for some better ideas. Some background:
  • Disconnects are in various locations in major metropolitan areas.
  • Could get 6 disconnects in a row, then everything works wonderfully.
  • Same problem if I don't use the VZAM client.
  • Have been using this card for 2+ years, problem started in recent weeks.
  • I have rebooted the machine / uninstalled then restalled the software, and am using their most recent client.

It just occurred to me that I should try this card in someone else's machine when I'm getting the problem. I may, though setting up the client is a pain.

Thanks,

Robert
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:58 pm

I've been pulling sporadic failure to authenticate messages with the VZ manager. I'm use a MiFi (usually while tethered to hitchhike on my laptop's power connection).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.