Sync'ing 2 Yahoo calendars w/ a Blackberry

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 11:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Sync'ing 2 Yahoo calendars w/ a Blackberry

Well, actually, downloading.

I have a personal calendar on Yahoo, and a separate biz calendar also on Yahoo. I'd like to be able to download both to my Blackberry.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this (fairly) easily? I know uploading would be nearly impossible, so for right now I am only looking at bringing dates into my BB.

Thanks.
Old May 29, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I left Yahoo calendars since Google Sync for Google Calendars works so easily. There is a Sync function in Yahoo Calendars (see Sync link at top) that will sync to Outlook, then either a Blackberry Enterprise Server (Exchange users) or Blackberry Desktop (for more casual users) will sync the events to your BB. Blackberry Desktop obviously won't sync over-the-air.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I second Google Calendar and Google Sync. I have a personal calendar on one Google account. I have a work calendar on a separate Google account. The work calendar is shared with the personal calendar account.

I use Google Sync on my BB to sync with the personal account and it pulls down both calendars. Note Google Sync will only use one BB calendar, and anything I add to the BB calendar will get placed on the Google personal calendar.

Confusing? It can be but once it's set up, it works great. If you want to use Yahoo still, you could look into www.fusecal.com to sync any calendar to any calendar. Go Yahoo to Google, and then use Google Sync to get it on the BB.

I don't know if anything that would be a lot simpler, unfortunately. Yahoo recently canned the whole new Yahoo mobile service they had touted before it ever launched.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Thanks for the suggestions. I am having trouble syncing Yahoo to Google, and I like the Yahoo calendar. I have found a way to download both Yahoo calendars to Outlook, and then sync w/ my BB (basically, ElCheapoDeluxe's advice). A bit more work, but it's relatively smooth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.