Thoughts about my free iphone app - WhatsApp

Subscribe
Very nice, congratulations! Enjoy!

PS: avid user of the app... and so is almost everybody else in the Netherlands!
jkb76 - Congrats on your success! I hope you find the time to return to FT - would be cool to hear your stories.
Congrats on the sale, jkb76. I use WhatsApp to keep in contact with some folks I know in Ghana. Great app.
It's facebook. What a loss of an otherwise useful tool.
Quote: He might be rich, but his post count isn't high enough to access OMNI...
Talk about the 1%....

Quote: It's facebook. What a loss of an otherwise useful tool.
How is this a loss of a useful tool?
I remember when I first discovered Whatsapp, because I couldn't get cell phone reception underground where most of my college classes were...

I've very happy for your perseverance and success!
Wow, congratulations jkb76 and enjoy !
Quote: Talk about the 1%....

How is this a loss of a useful tool?
Not a loss per se but I'm not the only one in the circle of people I know who aren't keen on a "unified" experience that Facebook is seeking to provide (or necessarily giving Facebook visibility of all data!) and have started looking at alternative applications to do what WhatsApp was so wonderful at doing.
This is just awesome. Congrats!
Maybe he can buy an airline now, rather than complain about one like the rest of us.
Quote: Maybe he can buy an airline now, rather than complain about one like the rest of us.
An airline made by an FTer, for FTers? I give 'em a year! LOL!
Quote: $19bn!

Fantastic! Well done!

I very much doubt he'll be back on FT to see how to redeem M&M miles any time soon!
aww thank you so much everybody for your kind words. it is amazing to see how much people here in USA are genuinely happy about and supportive of success of others around them.

i really do love flyertalk and still have those bright yellow flyertalk suitcase tags on my briggs and riley bag. (yeah, the same briggs and riley suitcase i bought after researching it here and getting feedback from you all

i'll tell you all a funny story which has to do with flyertalk: i am actually flying to Barcelona for MWC right now using the M&M miles award ticket (i am posting this from LH455 flight)... i obviously got these tickets many months ago - i prefer to fly using miles when i can to save company money. as you know, award ticket inventory is limited and last minute changes are nearly impossible... and this is where it gets cute:

we announced the deal with Facebook on wednesday after the market closed. during the process, we realized there was a chance we might not be able to get the deal wrapped up and signed on wednesday and it could delay.

when the risk of the delay became real, i said: "if we don't get it done on wednesday, it probably wont get done. i have tickets on thursday to fly out to Barcelona which i bought with miles and they are not easily refundable or even possible to change. this has to be done by wednesday or else!!!"

...and so one of the biggest deals in tech history had to be scheduled around my M&M award ticket
msm2000uk, ubiest, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Quote: when the risk of the delay became real, i said: "if we don't get it done on wednesday, it probably wont get done. i have tickets on thursday to fly out to Barcelona which i bought with miles and they are not easily refundable or even possible to change. this has to be done by wednesday or else!!!"

...and so one of the biggest deals in tech history had to be scheduled around my M&M award ticket
^^^

You're definitely an FTer at heart!
$19B or non-refundable award tickets, now you, sir, are an addicted points junkie. =P
Best mileage story ever (move over pudding guy).

And it says so much about his character as well. ^
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  15