FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Point Icon in Task bar. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/948987-yellow-triangle-exclamation-point-icon-task-bar.html)

david55 Apr 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Yellow Triangle with Exclamation Point Icon in Task bar.

What does it mean?

When I put my curser over it I don't get any explanation.

I googled this and the answers are all over the place......

Thanks.

gj83 Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Laptop or Desktop?

I only get that on my laptop when my battery is low.

CHIC SILBER Apr 29, 2009 10:20 pm

General Error

Often means a downloaded page contains an error

I have seen it pop up with other error messages

or internet service irregularity

nerd Apr 29, 2009 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by david4455 (Post 11668769)
What does it mean?

Thanks.

It's probably part of the Windows Update feature. What does it say if you right-click on it?

david55 Apr 30, 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by nerd (Post 11669060)
It's probably part of the Windows Update feature. What does it say if you right-click on it?

That is the problem....nothing.

And when I go to the task bar properties it too is unlabeled and offers no information.

This morning when I re-booted the icon is gone.....

cordelli Apr 30, 2009 8:17 am

It was a warning message probably for an application or task that crashed, leaving the icon in the system tray. It lost the connection to the application that put it there, so when you right or left clicked on it, there was no information for it to display.

david55 Apr 30, 2009 8:23 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 11670335)
It was a warning message probably for an application or task that crashed, leaving the icon in the system tray. It lost the connection to the application that put it there, so when you right or left clicked on it, there was no information for it to display.

thanks

Yaatri Apr 30, 2009 9:51 am

What does it mean?

Thanks.

It's a sign of caution, drawing your attention to something you need to do, like install your updates, low battery, or you did not turn on some critical feature of your anti-virus software etc.

sbm12 Apr 30, 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 11670335)

An icon associated with a crashed app will simply disappear on a mouseover event. If the OP was able to hover on it and it remained visible then it wasn't a crashed app.

cordelli Apr 30, 2009 11:26 am

If it's really bothering you, it is probably got a line listed in the event viewer listing what the issue was. Under system probably all the yellow triangles will be listed with more details of what caused them.

If you double click on the error line, a more detailed message (or more confusing :rolleyes: will come up)

PropWasher Apr 30, 2009 2:59 pm

What does it mean?

Thanks.

Do you mean the triangle on the status bar? Double click it for more info.

I use a Hosts file to block adware and see this icon regularly.

wiredboy10003 Apr 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Remember the Sandra Bullock movie 'The Net'? You're in big trouble now.... ;)

SteveCampsOut Dec 17, 2012 11:02 am

Originally Posted by cordelli (Post 11671554)
If it's really bothering you, it is probably got a line listed in the event viewer listing what the issue was. Under system probably all the yellow triangles will be listed with more details of what caused them.

If you double click on the error line, a more detailed message (or more confusing :rolleyes: will come up)

And here's the correct answer. I found the two events I came here to ask about. Just wish I knew how to make the icon go away without having to restart.... :confused:

Jimmie76 Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut (Post 19873350)
And here's the correct answer. I found the two events I came here to ask about. Just wish I knew how to make the icon go away without having to restart.... :confused:

Welcome to FT!^