Reload this Page >

ThreeUK expands Feel At Home, offers free roaming in USA

Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat

Hello all!

UK phone operator Three announced today that it's expanding the Feel At Home program to cover the USA!
For those of you not up to speed, the Feel At Home scheme lets Three users use their phones in selected foreign countries using their UK allowances, including unlimited data.
Supported countries are the USA, as well as in Austria, Australia, Denmark, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Macau, the Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka and Sweden.

Link is here:
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

If I remember correctly the only thing that isn't allowed while you're roaming is tethering. All in all it's a nice surprise on a December morning!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K(until 2024), MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
This is fantastic news. 3 just keeps getting better and I'm delighted I made the switch a year ago from O2. Where this will really benefit me is calls from the USA to UK mobiles which, even with calling cards etc, were quite expensive!^^
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Love Three!
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Today Hutchson 3 announced further countries and added Finland, France, Israel, Norway and Switzerland to its list.

Bonjour to using your phone abroad at no extra cost in 5 new destinations - Hutchison 3
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Do they sell prepaid SIMs online to overseas addresses? My wife and I are flying to the UK, Iceland and Norway (might have a side trip to France) in about 6 weeks and I've been looking for a decent deal on a SIM for my iPhone.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by djplong
Do they sell prepaid SIMs online to overseas addresses?
No, but they are available on eBay.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K(until 2024), MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I find it difficult to understand why people still stick with the other carriers. It's a brilliant deal.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I find it difficult to understand why people still stick with the other carriers.
Perhaps because the thread title is inaccurate, or at least optimistic?

ThreeUK certainly does NOT offer 'free roaming in USA'. It offers within contract/package calls and SMS from the USA to the UK only, also data. Fine if referring to Three's UK customers wanting to call home. 'Feel At Home' - geddit?

Calling the US or other countries will be at Three's enhanced international roaming rates.

Last edited by Roger; Jun 9, 2014 at 6:23 am Reason: clarified US use - calls within US and to other countries are not inclyded
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I find it difficult to understand why people still stick with the other carriers. It's a brilliant deal.
The reason Three does this (and I say this as a longtime customer) is because they aren't the best carrier in the UK, coverage-wise. If you want to make sure you phone works outside of major cities, Three isn't your best choice. Same reason why T-Mobile has to get creative in the US.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by gosha83
The reason Three does this (and I say this as a longtime customer) is because they aren't the best carrier in the UK, coverage-wise.
Don't they have a 2G national roaming aggrement with Orange?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I have edited post #8 to make it clear that ThreeUK's Feel Like Home does not include domestic calls within the US or calls to countries other than the UK.

I'll be keeping my Toggle service, then.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I use services like 1899.com to call local numbers. I dial a UK number for free, then dial the US number and pay 1pence per minute. As I rarely need to call US numbers when in the US, it's cost effective for me

Also there's 0800buster.co.uk for any 0800 number you need to dial whilst in a feel at home country.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Smile Three Feel At Home

Hi all,

I know this is an older thread discussing Three UK's Feel at Home program.

As an American living in the UK, I tend to go home often. My monthly phone bill (month to month contract) is 15GBP (5k minutes, 5k texts, unlimited data in the UK, 25G roaming data.

In August and September, I was all over and in many Feel at Home locations.

Equivalent usage:

Bill associated with much of this usage:
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:37 pm
Suspended

I do love Three's 'feel at home'. Used it over 7 weeks in total this year in the US.

We pay 15 per month for unlimited data and more minutes/text than I can use.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by GarethK
I do love Three's 'feel at home'. Used it over 7 weeks in total this year in the US.

We pay 15 per month for unlimited data and more minutes/text than I can use.
It's been awesome!! People are always surprised at how little I pay for unlimited data. Even the places it's 5/day have been worth it!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.