Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How do I dial a Russian mobile phone number from the UK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, GP, PC

Does anyone have any advice on how to call a Russian mobile phone number from the UK using a phonecard?

My ex-GF who lives in Moscow gave me her mobile phone number recently and I want to call her but I don't know how to dial the number properly as a lot of the info I've googled up doesn't seem to work at all.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: TAP Victoria, Eurobonus, tam fidelidade
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepho...bers_in_Russia

Have you tried to call the phone company you are using? They should know which prefix you should
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by BorgmanJayce
Does anyone have any advice on how to call a Russian mobile phone number from the UK using a phonecard?

My ex-GF who lives in Moscow gave me her mobile phone number recently and I want to call her but I don't know how to dial the number properly as a lot of the info I've googled up doesn't seem to work at all.
+7 area code plus number. Some Russian area codes start with a 0 such as 095 for Moscow. To make the + character press the * key rapidly twice on Nokia and pretty much all others press the 0 key and hold and it should turn into a + character.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:38 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/r...&Submit=Submit
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:21 am

+7 then city code then local number. the city code for Moscow is 495 (instead of 095) for many years already.

for a moscow seven digit number like 123-4567 you would dial +7 495 123-4567.

Many mobile numbers use a city code like 916 or 903 or 915 or 985 or 499 etc. These are special city codes mostly reserved for mobile phones. They are often written with an 8 at the front, which is what you would dial inside russia to reach a different city code. So if somebody had a mobile number 123-4567 with city code 915, it will often be written as 8-915-123-4567. To call that number from outside russia you would strip off the 8 and replace it with +7 and the result is +7 915 123-4567. (In this case 8 is very similar to the leading 0 used in many UK numbers for inter-city calls.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.