Reload this Page >

How much for a prepaid unlimited data in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much for a prepaid unlimited data in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:13 am

On a related theme, can anyone recommend a good third party unlocking service for usb stick/dongle modems?

It seems a lot of European service providers won't unlock even when outside contract period.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
France is probably the best country in the world when it comes to public WiFi. The AP's are all over the country and they support roaming with a great many operators.

I also have unlimited 3G/Edge in France, but it's post-paid.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
USB UMTS/3G Adapters: For buying unlocked ones new I normally use http://www.expansys-usa.com/

They are all legit unlocked on their site. Never had a problem with them and their cust service is normally good.

The site above is their US site, they are a UK company and do cross ship unlocked devices to the US and sell it domestic in the US (they ship out the Chicago area for US shipments)

Also used the 3 UK Broadband last month (if you top up and then go to the mobile browser and convert the top up to a 10 pound broadband you get 1GB of use for 30 days), which is actually quite good. You also get to roam that 1GB of 30 days data to other 3 networks (Italy, Austria, Hong Kong, etc)

I'm *STILL* looking for a prepay data solution for Switzerland... Anyone have any ideas? I know no one has flat rate, but is there something that is reasonable?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Is there a similiar solution for Spain and France?

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
3) Bought a Vodafone "Websessions" day pass for each day I wanted internet access at €4.95/day. This gives you up to 1GB bandwidth and it good for 24 hours. So if you start at 3:00pm it is good until 3:00pm the next day. You can use your credit card for this or deduct it from the time on the card.

slow.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:51 pm
HCA

Looks like it's tough for France based on my research. Anyone has better comment for France?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
USB UMTS/3G Adapters: For buying unlocked ones new I normally use http://www.expansys-usa.com/

They are all legit unlocked on their site. Never had a problem with them and their cust service is normally good.

The site above is their US site, they are a UK company and do cross ship unlocked devices to the US and sell it domestic in the US (they ship out the Chicago area for US shipments)

Also used the 3 UK Broadband last month (if you top up and then go to the mobile browser and convert the top up to a 10 pound broadband you get 1GB of use for 30 days), which is actually quite good. You also get to roam that 1GB of 30 days data to other 3 networks (Italy, Austria, Hong Kong, etc)

I'm *STILL* looking for a prepay data solution for Switzerland... Anyone have any ideas? I know no one has flat rate, but is there something that is reasonable?
I don't see the 3 UK broadband with coverage in those countries, I just see broadband coverage for the UK.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I don't see the 3 UK broadband with coverage in those countries, I just see broadband coverage for the UK.
3's international coverage was 'enhanced' last year.

They have slightly less ripoff rates (compared with others) in Europe - £1.25 per mb for UK subscribers - but the former inclusive rates in 3 markets have now gone.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
O2 in germany have monthly prepaid plans on data. I think it's €25 for a month.

I'm currently scoping this out as I need to get no less than 7 dongles and prepaid plans for a month worth of traveling in Germany.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:09 pm

I see plenty unlocked USB Data dongles at http://www.expansys-usa.com/
However, I do have some questions:

Do I need a SIM card? If yes, how can I get one while in US? if unable to get one while in US, how can I buy one in UK, especially in London?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I see plenty unlocked USB Data dongles at http://www.expansys-usa.com/
However, I do have some questions:

Do I need a SIM card? If yes, how can I get one while in US? if unable to get one while in US, how can I buy one in UK, especially in London?
In the UK walk into a 3/Three shop and they will sell you a SIM starter pack. You must have a credit card with chip and pin otherwise take out some money from an ATM and pay cash (you can then top up in supermarkets with your non Chip and Pin credit card)
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:38 am

In the UK walk into a 3/Three shop and they will sell you a SIM starter pack. You must have a credit card with chip and pin otherwise take out some money from an ATM and pay cash (you can then top up in supermarkets with your non Chip and Pin credit card)
Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks.
If you get the Three pack Just make sure you log in with your phone info to:

https://my3.three.co.uk/mylogin/logi...count/index.do

Register your new SIM there and you can then manage the account and apply prepay credit to be Mobile Broadband packages. You can also apply supermarket purchased top us on the phone. (BTW: Boots also sells 3 Top ups)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by HCA
Looks like it's tough for France based on my research. Anyone has better comment for France?
Looking for the same thing. 10 days in France in July during the Tour de France, and it would be nice to have 3G available instead of depending upon WiFi which, in the Pyrenees, might not be that common or could be $20e/day.
Old May 30, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Looking for the same thing. 10 days in France in July during the Tour de France, and it would be nice to have 3G available instead of depending upon WiFi which, in the Pyrenees, might not be that common or could be $20e/day.
ya, I need 3G data pre-paid data plan in France for a couple of weeks this summer. No luck so far.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator, SPG Gold
If one is looking for a prepaid data in Finland, Saunalahti has a pretty good offer:
- Costs 39€ (48 USD)
- Includes E1552 USB stick
- Up to 4 Mbit/s data rate (or unlimited), uncapped traffic
- Includes one month of data
- Includes 6 € worth of voice credit

After one month, you can add credit as follows;
- Max 1.90 €/day for random use
- 4 Mbit/s for 6.90 € / week
- 1 Mbit/s for 19.80 € / month
- 4 Mbit/s for 29.80 € / month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.