Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How do you send txt message to xbox 360?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Is there a way to send a txt message to my son's xbox 360 using xbox live?

I often call from out of the country and using skype my number is unlisted so my son's don't pick up the phone. Sometimes even if calling home from my cell they are so into their game they don't answer but I was thinking if you could send a sms to the xbox they could tell it was me calling. Is that possible?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 2K, Marriott Platinium, Global Entry, Hyatt Diamond
I don't think you can send them a text message but if they are logged in to xbox live you can talk to them with msn messenger.http://webmessenger.msn.com/
Old Jun 30, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hoops7k
I don't think you can send them a text message but if they are logged in to xbox live you can talk to them with msn messenger.http://webmessenger.msn.com/
They have to set it up too to be signed in to MSN Messenger on the xbox as well.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:42 am

why don't you just change your skype callerID to your cell phone # so he recognizes it:

how to link

worked for my skype account.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by meerkat9090
why don't you just change your skype callerID to your cell phone # so he recognizes it:

how to link

worked for my skype account.
I tried this but it does not work from South Korea. Skype support told me that South Korea is a bit funny about Skype. I don't know what that means but that is the story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.