Wiki Posts
Search

Psion PDA's and handhelds

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/ps...html#psiwin233

(IIRC the device itself can also do limited on-board conversion, but the PC software does a better job of it)
Old Aug 10, 2008, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by typical
http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/ps...html#psiwin233

(IIRC the device itself can also do limited on-board conversion, but the PC software does a better job of it)
Thanks ^
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Breaking the rules a little, and resurrecting this thread - because I still miss Psion, and everything they did. This company never got the recognition in history it deserves.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by ScottC
Breaking the rules a little, and resurrecting this thread - because I still miss Psion, and everything they did. This company never got the recognition in history it deserves.
I saw the thread title and thought, what the heck?

Yes, there were some great things about them. I would love to have a Android device in that form factor. The problem I had was that I spent more time trying to sync the device with my desktop than using it for anything else as I recall. It was better as a standalone machine I think that as a device that linked to your other computers. And I needed the latter.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I saw the thread title and thought, what the heck?

Yes, there were some great things about them. I would love to have a Android device in that form factor. The problem I had was that I spent more time trying to sync the device with my desktop than using it for anything else as I recall. It was better as a standalone machine I think that as a device that linked to your other computers. And I needed the latter.
"The Cloud" has definitely helped with sync problems. Almost all the devices I ever used had some kind of sync hassles. Palm Desktop wasn't too bad, but when things broke, getting devices to sync correctly was such a headache...
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by ScottC
"The Cloud" has definitely helped with sync problems. Almost all the devices I ever used had some kind of sync hassles. Palm Desktop wasn't too bad, but when things broke, getting devices to sync correctly was such a headache...
Yes, it is certainly a different world now. But then, I also had various Palm, Handspring and WinCE machines including the clamshell HP(?) and they all seemed vastly better than the Psions (I had a 5MX and a Revo) at syncing.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I was a moderator of the Psion forum on CompuServe. My brother still stubbornly uses a Series 5a, rather than his Android phone, for the Agenda feature. I have a Revo plugged in at home because it contains several years of calendar entries which I have never converted to another form. I really should go through it and copy out the category of entries that I care about, primarily theatre and ballet performances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.