Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wifi card for palm treo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Wifi card for palm treo?

I know plam has wifi card for tungsten and some other models, do they have one for treo as well so that can be used as a wifi device.
thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 4:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
No, I went through researching this question a few weeks ago. Consensus of expert-Treo hackers is no.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
No Voice dialing either. What's with that? It was great to be able to voice dial through a bluetooth headset.

I picked up a Tre0 680 last week on impulse at BOS. No WiFi (the salesman said so) , no voice dialing. It's unlocked and works with the Tmobile tzones data plan which is only $5.99 and unlimited so that is a considerable savings. Palm does 30 days mail in returns ... can I live without the voice dialing?

Jim

Last edited by jimquan; Dec 7, 2007 at 9:47 pm Reason: speling
Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
No need to bother with WiFi. The EVDO/Treo700p and HSDPA/Treo750 connections are fast enough for the amount of storage available in the phone.

I sometime use the much slower CDMA2000x1/Treo650 as a dial up modem when I can't get WiFi on my PC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.