Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Anyone used an Epson R280?

Old Nov 23, 2007, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum

Just got an Epson R280 ink-jet printer free with the purchase of a digital camera. I already have, among other printers, an Epson RX500 multi-function with the same resolution (nominal 5760x1440), the same six-color inks, a few years older, and will keep it in any case for the scanner and copier functions. Before I put the R280 on eBay, thought I'd ask if anyone here has seen its output and thinks it's worth keeping, knows of any technology advances Epson has made in the last few years that would make keeping it worthwhile, or has any other thoughts on this?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Well I don't know how they relate (if at all) in a product line but mrs alect has the R220 and she has it specifically for photo printing - recommended by Samy's Photo store here in LAX. Apparently (and I am no photog) Epson inks and paper are the best for home printing of high quality digital photos. So if you do that it's probably better than the multi-function. We also bought a multi-function (Canon MX700) in addition for scanning/faxing/standard printing as it's cheaper that the Epson inks and papers for photo printing on the R220.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I used to have this particular printer (R280). Works very well for photo printing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.