Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Blog / RSS Feed Aggregating Web site?

Old Nov 19, 2007, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I and others that I work with all monitor a number of blogs and news sites with RSS feeds. Rather than having to go to each one every day, it would be good if I could just set up a Web page somewhere that we could all access quickly and easily.

I know there are a number of sites that allow this, so rather than going to them all, it would be good if someone else just told me which one is the best. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:28 pm

I don't know if it's the best but a lot of people are using Google for this.

www.google.com/reader

-David
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:36 pm

i use bloglines.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
I use www.feedblitz.com to have the RSS feeds consolidated and sent directly to my inbox
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
I've used Bloglines too, mainly for the convenience of being able to access RSS links across multiple computers--but eventually became frustrated that it, like other web based aggregators, was slower and clunkier than a locally installed app. So I dropped it, and have since been much happier with Sharpreader (though there are lots of other apps); the inconvenience of exporting feeds via OPML file to install on other machines hasn't been that big a deal.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
i use google, but not the google reader. i have several tabs set up by category (eg, Michigan sports, travel, financial news, other sports, etc) on my igoogle homepage. Easy way to organize and scan through 50+ feeds.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Google Reader is IMO, the way to go. You can tag items, group feeds into categories and share articles (it outputs an OPML file ^)
Old Nov 20, 2007, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have access to your own web server, take a look at Gregarius (http://gregarius.net). I've used it for 2-3 years now and I absolutely love it!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
I've found Blog Bridge to be useful.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 2:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Diamond
I use http://feeddigest.com for consolidating feeds. It gives me a chunk of code I can put on my blog. I subscribed to their pay service so I could manage more feeds, but they have a free one as well.

If you are using MS Office 2007, the latest version of Outlook can manage feeds for you. You can subscribe to the feed manually, or automatically through IE 7 and the feeds show up in your Inbox.

Cromely

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.