Reload this Page >

Cube effect for Windows: DeskSpace

Old Oct 30, 2007, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat

Conversation on the ubuntu thread got me wondering if there's a "cube effect" desktop switching utility for windows, and there is: DeskSpace

Its pretty cool, and once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you lived without it.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Wow...looks like it consumes 8 times more memory than the Aero Interface does... 2GB RAM and it was running very slow.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Wow...looks like it consumes 8 times more memory than the Aero Interface does... 2GB RAM and it was running very slow.
Must have been a slow video card or CPU cause Aero runs a smooth as silk on my 2Gb machines.

Thanks Sko, this looks interesting.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: United MP
I like the price for the one in Ubuntu.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:11 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by skofarrell
Conversation on the ubuntu thread got me wondering if there's a "cube effect" desktop switching utility for windows, and there is: DeskSpace

Its pretty cool, and once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you lived without it.
When it says working with multiple desktops, does that mean working with/as multiple users on the machine or just virtual desktops for the same user? For eg I have a couple of users on my machine (one for work and one personal). I often need to switch between these two. The only way I know of in XP is logging off as one user and loggin on as the other. Is this (or something else) a better/easier way?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:22 am

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by alect
When it says working with multiple desktops, does that mean working with/as multiple users on the machine or just virtual desktops for the same user? For eg I have a couple of users on my machine (one for work and one personal). I often need to switch between these two. The only way I know of in XP is logging off as one user and loggin on as the other. Is this (or something else) a better/easier way?
It's for the same user. However, you don't need to log off to switch users in XP.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Make sure you're in 16 bit mode (not 32). When I tried it in 32, it was dog slow.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
I like the price for the one in Ubuntu.
Agreed, but its a Windows world...
Old Oct 31, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by DeafFlyer
It's for the same user. However, you don't need to log off to switch users in XP.
One of my "users" is attached to a domain - so yes I do have to log off to switch to/from.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skofarrell
Make sure you're in 16 bit mode (not 32). When I tried it in 32, it was dog slow.
Yeah it was on 32-bit. Once I changed to 16 it worked fast. BTW, CPU is Centrino Duo 2.0 GHZ, GPU Geforce 6800

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.