Wiki Posts
Search

$92 Targus rolling computer bag mis-priced at local Best Buy stores

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Emerald Executive
$92 Targus rolling computer bag mis-priced at local Best Buy stores

I was at Best Buy this evening, and I looked at the computer bags, always searching for that Holy Grail of rolling PC cases. I found a Targus bag I hadn't seen before, and there was no shelf tag. I had it scanned at the service counter, and it showed an $18.99 price. I bought it immediately, and when I got home found it on their website for $92.

It may be an isolated incident, but if you can find one at your local BB have them check the price. Heck, for $18 I'll use it until it falls apart, then move on to the next bag of choice.

It is the Targus Travel Roller, TCG717, scan code 092636213695.

Happy hunting
Mike
Old Oct 6, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: ROP
It could be clearanced.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
Priced correctly at my BB. Foo.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:30 am

(Since you're apparently from TN) Which Best Buy? Please say Brentwood, I want to go score one myself.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Be careful to make sure that the bag has the correct product tag, so that you don't get arrested for tag-switching which is a popular tool used by thieves. A WSJ reporter was recently detained after an innocent mistake (would link but subscrip. required)

Of course, if the UPC was scanned, then you can't be accused of anything
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:47 pm

I went to the Best Buy in Anchorage because I would love one of these and they don't carry it at any price. :~(
Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Emerald Executive
To answer several questions:

I bought the only one at the Brentwood TN location. Since my post I've seen these at other Best Buys for a $55 closeout price. The tag on mine wasn't switched, since the barcode is on the same tag that has the picture & name of the bag.

The bag is a bit less durable (on first inspection) than my old swiss army bag, but the compartment is deeper. One problem I find with most rolling PC cases is the narrow sections, instead of one large section than will hold a larger array of shapes & sizes. I have a Roadwired Cable Stable that holds all my accessories, and it won't fit inside some bags I've looked at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.