Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Application appeared overnight on my BlackBerry

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Application appeared overnight on my BlackBerry

I am currently traveling in New Zealand with t-mobile roaming iwith Vodafone NZ.

Last night an application called myFaves loaded without approval.

How did that happen?
What is this?
How do I get rid of it?
Apparently i have security hole...how do I plug it?

Weird that I have had had a BlackBerry for 5+ years and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:39 pm

I know Myfaves installed on my phone with the last blackberry software update. I don't use myfaves so I don't see it. Maybe it installed with the last patch and something on the Vodafone network activated it?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
It's a calling plan that allows you to talk with (calling or answering) the five domestic numbers you call most frequently for a single monthly airtime charge of $10.

If you don't change your plan to MyFaves, the phone software is dormant.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
I'm thinking you may have never activated myfaves in the US, but for some reason, when roaming, it became active. Maybe its flagged to go active when roaming? I have it on my blackberry, but I don't have myfaves on my account. Its just dormant and doesn't show up on the menu.

And yes, its been in the last couple of OS upgrades.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
I had something similar happen to me in the US about 6 months ago. I took it to Verizon and they rebooted the software. Now there are no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.