Transferring Movies to iPod Touch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue

Another one for our assembled experts....

I have an extensive collection of MP4 content that I've recorded thanks to the digital TV card in my laptop at home. At the moment I can convert these to DivX and play them on my aging iPaq 4700. Will it be possible to convert these movies and transfer to an iPod (i.e. the new Touch)?
Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:43 pm

the ipod touch (and other video capable ipods) support mp4.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html
Old Sep 26, 2007, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just add the folder to the iTunes library and you are done. There are some basic resolution limitations (I've got some HD movies for example that won't transfer) but everything else will copy onto the device.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Cool. Thanks for the responses. Is the iPod Touch in the shops yet? I'm thinking of getting one this weekend.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
They showed up early...cought a lot of the retailers off guard. I found mine at circuit city last week...they were behind the counter and the clerk was insistant that they could not be sold, I asked her to try and she was floored...
Appled shipped them early and it had a cascading effect.

I'm using Visual Hub on the mac to convert movies. Its got a builtin profile for the TouchPod that works perfectly. It will add them to iTunes automatically too.

I've actually found the tolerence for formats to be a little more restrictive than ScottC... it won't play most of my video the way they are, I have to convert them

For the Mac challenged, visual hub is basically a frontend for FFPMEG so if you feel nerdy you can download ffmpeg (and I'm sure there's a windows frontend) and it will do the trick...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpaceBass
They showed up early...cought a lot of the retailers off guard. I found mine at circuit city last week...they were behind the counter and the clerk was insistant that they could not be sold, I asked her to try and she was floored...
Appled shipped them early and it had a cascading effect.

I'm using Visual Hub on the mac to convert movies. Its got a builtin profile for the TouchPod that works perfectly. It will add them to iTunes automatically too.

I've actually found the tolerence for formats to be a little more restrictive than ScottC... it won't play most of my video the way they are, I have to convert them

For the Mac challenged, visual hub is basically a frontend for FFPMEG so if you feel nerdy you can download ffmpeg (and I'm sure there's a windows frontend) and it will do the trick...
Most of my content comes of my Tivo, and Tivo desktop just pre-converts it for me

Since the files are small(ish) I've already got over 4000 shows downloaded and converted
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
So you convert any movies/show to mp4 thru nero and then download it to your itunes folder, right !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.