Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Brookstone Soundshield 501

Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add my two cents about the Brookstone SoundShield 501's I recently purchased:

I've tried multiple noise canceling headphones over the years and this is the first pair I can actually wear for flights of ten hours or longer that does not hurt my ears. The comfort is simply amazing. The ear cups are large enough that they don't press on the ear nearly as much as comparable devices. The volume control feature is also a boon. This is a GREAT feature because it enables people with sensitive hearing like myself to keep the In Flight Entertainment volume as low as possible while still enjoying a movie or music. The Bose headphones simply made the sound so audible that it hurt my ears to listen, and I don't have this problem at all with the Soundshield 501's. The noise cancellation could be better though. But overall a great set of headphones.

I hope this helps you in your quest to find an ideal pair of noise reduction headphones.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:32 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
i have a pair of the soundshield 250's ($150) and they are simply the best i have ever used, very lightweight, great noise cancelling (with volume control as well) and the case is great as well-very slim and will fit just about anywhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.