Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UBiQUiO 503

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
UBiQUiO 503

This phone looks very sweet! Same form factor as the crappy Moto Q and similar smartphones, but sporting full WM6 with touchscreen capabilities - and according to one reviewer, a stellar screen without peer.

Here is the ordering data for it:
http://www.mobileplanet.com/d.aspx?i=147071

Now I don't know what to do - get this, or wait for the HTC S730 which may, or may not get released this fall...or ever.

Decisions decisions.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Let me answer my own post. I found a forum at expansys.com which was full of disastrous experiences with this phone. Needless to say, the phone is not only 'not ready for prime time', it probably shouldn't even be allowed in the theater.

They have a long way to go as far as working out the bugs and other annoyances and I don't think I would be interested in laying out that kind of cash for something that might frustrate me even more than my crappy Moto Q.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Let me add a warning about the S730 as well. I have the dopod version here and it is a huge disappointment above all for the four hours of standby I get out of a full charge when in HSDPA mode. Seriously - unplug it, lay it on the desk, and four hours later it starts beeping (push mail active, no BlueTooth, no web, no calls).

I've had it for six weeks and it's already been relegated to "the drawer".
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

The S730 I speak of hasn't even been released yet. Only the S710 and 720 (CDMA 710) are currently in production. The S730 should be released, maybe released, this fall. It's the S710 with 3G.

If you're writing about the Dopod C730, I think that is the HTC S620 model, which I was considering as an option to get me off the CDMA Q and onto an unlocked GSM phone while awaiting the S730 release.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Nah, it's he S 630. The 620 is a year old already, and doesn't have 3G. I've got one of those, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.