Two A380's on Google Maps

Old Aug 23, 2007, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...&t=k&z=17&om=1

There is also a few A340-500/600s in that picture as well. Looks like they are being readied for delivery. I see one for EY, two for VS, one for QR, and an unidentified one.

Just spotted this as well: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...&t=k&z=19&om=1

Looks like their transport plane. There are two more located just a little farther north.

Last edited by Hartmann; Aug 23, 2007 at 12:53 pm
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome find. They are easy to spot at that size.

Don't miss the poor Concorde all on her own on the left
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by ScottC
Don't miss the poor Concorde all on her own on the left
Nice! There's another Concorde a little bit farther to the top left and another A380 toward the top. I'm also counting 4 jet guppies and 1 turboprop one.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
The Concorde to the far left is the first Concorde built, S/N 001. Thanks to FlyerTalk, I've been inside it .

Last edited by marbe166; Aug 25, 2007 at 2:58 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 26, 2007, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Wow. We are geeks.

Very cool!
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, UA 2P, Best Western Diamond
Concorde geeks

Originally Posted by marbe166
The Concorde to the far left is the first Concorde built, S/N 001. Thanks to FlyerTalk, I've been inside it .
To build on redbeard911's calling us geeks, how many Concordes (full size - the model at LHR doesn't count) can you find?

BAE/Concorde 101, was the third Concorde built and was used as the instrumented testbed. It also set the Concorde and can be found at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, UK. This one is open to the public in the museum. Since it is indoors, I didn't include a Google maps link.

AF Concorde 205 is at the Smithsonian's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near IAD. Currently indoors. Earlier this year, Google's imagery was old enough to show the Center under construction and 205 sitting outside south of concourse C. Today's Google satellite view looks to be older and I can't find 205 at IAD.

OK, that's 3. How long to find them all?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.