Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Can I run Mac Programs on my Windows Machine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am stuck using my company XP laptop but there is a very nice program that my wife uses on her Mac laptop. Is there any way to make this program run on my XP machine?

Here is the link to the program I want to run:
http://www.circusponies.com/store/in...k&sub=organize

It's called Notebook 2.1
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Put simply: no.

There are workarounds to getting the entire OS running, but nothing for individual apps.

Of course, plenty of options to do it the other way around

But I'm sure the resident Macaholics will be here to tell you how aweomse the mac is, and how you can buy one on Ebay for $3 and iEnhance your iLife

I suggest emailing Gina at Lifehacker.com and asking if they know of an alternative for the PC, there is almost always a PC version of a Mac app out there somewhere.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I emailed the folks who put out Notebook and there is a lame alternative from Microsoft out there. If I could I would have a Mac Laptop with dual OS's and use that for work but my IT guys would freak.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:18 am

There are also emulators for old versions of the Mac OS (e.g. pre-PowerPC). Take a look at emulators.com and www.ardi.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.