Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

oute/map software for mac???

oute/map software for mac???

Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Route/map software for mac???

A friend of mine had something on his mac which I want. European maps. Enter intersection where you are enter where you want to go and it gives you the route on a map. I think he said it was route 66 but looking at there website it looks like PC only and for GPS.

All searches I do give me GPS software.

Does anyone here know anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Emma65; Aug 21, 2007 at 3:39 pm
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Route66 has IME always been the only nav package for the mac:

http://www.amazon.com/Route-66-Europ.../dp/B00013MS7E

Their site is down at the moment, which doesn't give much confidence. Their mobile products are still online at www.66.com
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I am not mistaken, when I read an article about someone building a carPC using a mac mini, they actually had to use parallels to get into XP and use Mappoint since there was nothing decent for the mac.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by ScottC
If I am not mistaken, when I read an article about someone building a carPC using a mac mini, they actually had to use parallels to get into XP and use Mappoint since there was nothing decent for the mac.
Thats pretty much the current state of (sad) affairs.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Alas, the product is no more, but you may be able to find one somewhere. The most recent version was 2004. I still find the North American version useful, but obviously a few things have changed since.

The good news is that, with Mac sales doing nicely these days, game companies and such are discovering (or rediscovering) the Mac market. I wouldn't be surprised to find something like this showing up again before long - especially since Apple is now the #3 laptop vendor, and maps that don't require you to be online are especially useful on laptops.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by Efrem
The good news is that, with Mac sales doing nicely these days, game companies and such are discovering (or rediscovering) the Mac market. I wouldn't be surprised to find something like this showing up again before long - especially since Apple is now the #3 laptop vendor, and maps that don't require you to be online are especially useful on laptops.
My problem is I'm leaving in 10 days. I'll see what else I can find.

/E
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
It wasn't Route Buddy was it? It's quite new, launched at MWSF07 i think.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by LaydeeSarah
It wasn't Route Buddy was it? It's quite new, launched at MWSF07 i think.
Hey, I didn't know about that! Thanks!!!! ^^^^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.