Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures from Vacation Videos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP, Marriot R
Pictures from Vacation Videos?

I was wondering if there's any way I can save a screen shot of a video and save it as a picture. If so, could you tell me how to please? Thanks. For the most part I use Quicktime for my video playback. All the videos are uploaded on my computer. I have a lot of vacation videos that contain scenes that i'd love to make picture of....thank you.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
That's a good question.

If you're using the Pro version of Quicktime ($30) you can create still images from a movie. Check the Quicktime user guide here, it's on page 28.

There are also some editing programs that will let you capture a freeze frame from video and export as a jpg, tiff, bmp, or other graphic file. I'm more familiar with Avid than others, so I can't say if it can be done in Adobe Premier or other similar programs.

Now, a word of caution on what to expect.

First, the quality of stills will depend to a great degree on the quality of the original video. Don't expect to be making giant enlargements from video grabs. But if you're wanting some smaller files to look at on a computer, make small prints, or use on a web page, you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.