Wiki Posts
Search

travel size pda with gps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: ac elite, ua pre exc, ic plat, hh diamond
travel size pda with gps

Can someone recommend a travel size pda with either build in gps or gps attachment?
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:38 pm
tlc

Programs: AA Platinum
The latest Blackberries can come with one. My hubby got the subscription for the voice navigation and it's worked well in several unfamiliar cities.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:47 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
I'm holding out upgrading my Cingular 8125 for an HTC Kaiser
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Most smartphones - Symbian or WM at least I know of - which support Bluetooth can be used with an external bluetooth GPS receiver and suitable software.

Personally I'm going to be getting an E90.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. However phone capability is not really needed - I am more interested in a small pda to keep track of appointments and with a build in gps that I can use when traveling to a new city. Mp3 and video playing capability is a plus. Any other ideas?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by kenwood33
Thanks for the suggestions. However phone capability is not really needed - I am more interested in a small pda to keep track of appointments and with a build in gps that I can use when traveling to a new city. Mp3 and video playing capability is a plus. Any other ideas?
Try the Nokia N95. It's small, has a pretty decent GPS and Maps application, handles appointments, plays videos & MP3s. Has a 5 Megapixel camera to boot. And, oh, it's a full-featured Symbian phone too (I guess that's optional for you).
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Garmin iQue may be what you need.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...que&category0=

It is a Palm PDA with a Garmin GPS interface.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:12 am

Fujitsu Siemens Loox are quite small and are GPS enabled.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LightSpeed
Try the Nokia N95. It's small, has a pretty decent GPS and Maps application, handles appointments, plays videos & MP3s. Has a 5 Megapixel camera to boot. And, oh, it's a full-featured Symbian phone too (I guess that's optional for you).
Except of course that its GPS is the weakest part of the package, and that it has the battery life of a VCR trying to run off double A's.

When you need to navigate you really can't sit and wait for 10 minutes holding the phone up to the window hoping for a fix.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great suggestions.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ScottC
Except of course that its GPS is the weakest part of the package, and that it has the battery life of a VCR trying to run off double A's.

When you need to navigate you really can't sit and wait for 10 minutes holding the phone up to the window hoping for a fix.
The new firmware for the N95 includes AGPS, which apparently makes things somewhat better in terms of lock-on time. The battery still takes a hammering.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by typical
The new firmware for the N95 includes AGPS, which apparently makes things somewhat better in terms of lock-on time. The battery still takes a hammering.
Yep, the software update is a necessity and does improve things a fair bit. I agree though that the battery life isn't spectacular. I've got a habit of carrying along extra batteries anyway, so I don't feel the pinch that much.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by sinanju
I'm holding out upgrading my Cingular 8125 for an HTC Kaiser
Another glowing review for the Kaiser due in the US in August and Germany in August/September.

Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by #10
Another glowing review for the Kaiser due in the US in August and Germany in August/September.
Thanks for the link to Paul's review. hmm, interesting!^
Old Jul 7, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I have a Garmin iQue M5 and am very happy with it. Pocket PC runs Outlook etc. and GPS function will direct you to any person in your Outlook contacts folder, as well as to any address in US or Canada and 2 MM "points of interest".

I think it is discontinued but they may still make the M4 or M3. Tech support is very good when I have the occasional problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.