Best FRENCH prepaid cell phone

Best FRENCH prepaid cell phone

Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thank you!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Then you can always buy a SIM card in Italy.
I have an Italian cell phone (with a Vodaphone pay-as-you-go SIM) but was under the impression it would not work in France (the SIM, not the phone). I was going to pick up a French SIM to pop into my Italian GSM phone, but are you saying that Italian SIMs will work in France? For some reason, I didn't think they would.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I have an Italian cell phone (with a Vodaphone pay-as-you-go SIM) but was under the impression it would not work in France (the SIM, not the phone). I was going to pick up a French SIM to pop into my Italian GSM phone, but are you saying that Italian SIMs will work in France? For some reason, I didn't think they would.
I didn't say anything like that at all.

You have two issues:

1. Does your telephone carrier (i.e. the company that sold you the SIM) allow roaming outside Italy with a prepaid SIM? (Many do not; I have no idea about yours.)

2. Is your Italian GSM phone carrier unlocked so you can use a SIM from a French carrier?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage, SkyMiles, USAir, Singapore, BA
3. Your Italian Vodaphone SIM might work in France (depending on how the carriers' roaming agreements overlap) - but you probably won't like the per-minute charges - unless, of course, you use the phone for emergencies only, in which case buying a French SIM would cost more than a few calls at exorbitant Italian rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.