Wiki Posts
Search

Choice of Headphones: Bose Triport OE?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Choice of Headphones: Bose Triport OE?

I'm in the market for a pair of headphones (after having used my Pioneer studio monitors extensively for ~7 years). My main usage is as follows:
* Airplanes: ~two flights a week - on-ear most of the time; I prefer to sleep with the 'phones off though
* At work: Connected to iPod / Notebook (couple hours a day)
* At home - used for mixing on Technics / Numark gear (unfortunately not as often as I'd like)

Main music styles that I indulge in:
* House (Progressive, Electro, Tribal, Ambient), Acid Jazz, World (North/West African), Female vocal, Hindustani Classical / Instrumental

What I'm looking for:
* Balanced audio reproduction across frequencies
* On-ear comfort: I'm not fond of in-ear designs, and prefer avoiding over-ear fatigue with long term use (I suffered from this with the Pioneer set)
* Usable without batteries
* Noise-cancelling not mandatory
* Carrying case a must
* Flexible / rotatable cups (necessary for mixing)

I'm looking at the Bose TriPort OE (on-ear) currently. Would anyone care to comment on the suitability of these based on their use? Alternative recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.