Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring DVDs to iPod?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Transferring DVDs to iPod?

I've recently come into a 30 gig iPod video (hand-me-down). I run Windows. Can anyone direct me to their 'favourite' web pages that overview the best way to rip DVDs (that I own) onto the iPod?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile.

It's pretty much a one-click thing, and the results are perfect.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
How much space does a normal 2 hr movie take up on your iPod, using one of these programs? I also have a 30GB vid and was thinking about doing this, but didn't want to take up too much space.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hsh101
How much space does a normal 2 hr movie take up on your iPod, using one of these programs? I also have a 30GB vid and was thinking about doing this, but didn't want to take up too much space.
It depends on what resolution you put the video in but in general terms a 45 minute TV show (1 hour but with commercials cut out) usually takes up 300MB on my iPod. A 2 hour movie is between 600 - 800 MB on average for me.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by majorwibi
It depends on what resolution you put the video in but in general terms a 45 minute TV show (1 hour but with commercials cut out) usually takes up 300MB on my iPod. A 2 hour movie is between 600 - 800 MB on average for me.
Thanks! That's good to know... means I don't need to jettison all my cheesy 80's music, to fit in a movie or two.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by gglave
I've recently come into a 30 gig iPod video (hand-me-down). I run Windows. Can anyone direct me to their 'favourite' web pages that overview the best way to rip DVDs (that I own) onto the iPod?

Thanks in advance.
Another possibility is HandBrake: http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.