Wiki Posts
Search

Xmod ??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2007, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Xmod ??

While shopping at my local Compusa, I noticed a divice called "Xmod".(by Creative Labs). It claims to take MP3 and "rebuild" them to make the songs on a computer play through the computer speakers (PC or Mac) at "better than cd quality".

Does anyone have any experience with this item?

Thanks,
Old Jun 8, 2007, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've listened to one, it actually DOES make the sound a little more rich. Reviews online are pretty positive about it.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, IC Hotels Priority Club Gold
I saw and tested one of these at CES earlier this year. I was seriously impressed, the difference was huge (and I'm picky about my audio!).

They fill in the gaps caused by compression, especially in the extreme high and low ranges (where the mp3 format is notoriously weak). Think feeding a jpeg through a filter to remove the compression artifacts. Essentially its a preamplifier with built-in fuzzy logic . . . . well worth the price if you're serious about audio quality.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by evilroot
I saw and tested one of these at CES earlier this year. I was seriously impressed, the difference was huge (and I'm picky about my audio!).

They fill in the gaps caused by compression, especially in the extreme high and low ranges (where the mp3 format is notoriously weak). Think feeding a jpeg through a filter to remove the compression artifacts. Essentially its a preamplifier with built-in fuzzy logic . . . . well worth the price if you're serious about audio quality.
It is based around their XFi chip, I have one and find it really good. Especially for streaming, low quality audio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.