Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Help - HP3015 Multi Function Printer is nuts

Help - HP3015 Multi Function Printer is nuts

Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:01 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Exclamation Help - HP3015 Multi Function Printer is nuts

Ok, so maybe some of the resident techies can help me with this... I have an HP3015 MFP (printer, fax, etc.) that is acting up lately. It prints, copies and does everything but when I try to send a fax, in the middle of scanning the document it reboots itself... its really weird, its like it turns itself off for 3-4 seconds and then goes back on, with the document stuck in the middle of the scan process.

The funny thing is that this will happen only when Im trying to send a fax... if I use the copier function is works flawlessly...

Does anybody have an idea whats going on???

Thanks very much,
Alex
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:47 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Not sure if this applies or not, also believe it applies if using anything other than regular dial up lines at times (VOIP, etc).

From their site

HP LaserJet 3015, 3030, and 3380 Series Printers - Cannot Send Faxes Using an Extension Phone

There are some instances where the fax machine will power-cycle itself when attempting to send a fax by dialing the receiving fax machine using an extension phone immediately after the device is powered on.

This issue only occurs if an attempt to send a fax using an extension phone is the first task attempted after the device is power-cycled. This is caused by the device remaining onhook after a power-cycle. If a fax is sent from the device control panel, a fax is received, or the fax/send button and the Job Cancel button is pressed, then initiating a fax via an extension phone will function without a problem.

This condition may be corrected in a future firmware roll. When available, firmware can be downloaded from the Support & Drivers download pages on the HP Web site at http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html. Click here to determine if there exists a firmware download, and if so, to download the firmware . Select "download drivers and software," type the product name, select the product model, and then select the link "Cross operating system (BIOS, Firmware, Diagnostics, etc.)" if it is available on the Specify Operating System page.

I would try for a firmware update first, then try it on a pots line if you have one and not currently on it.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thank you Mike !!! I am indeed using the fax from an extension (it goes through a PABX).

Is updating the firmware a straight-forward issue like updating a driver or is there some programming on the actual MFP involved?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
That was the first time I've ever seen them reference updating printer firmware, so I don't know. I assume it's just a few mouse clicks and it takes care of it on it's own, but I don't know. HP is fairly good about putting good directions with it's updates.

The usual warning with any firmware updates, make sure the power doesn't go out (as in don't trip over the cord) during the upgrade, or you could make the device completly dead if the update doesn't finish.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:28 am
Original Poster

OK, thanks cordelli.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.