Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New Sennheiser PXC-450: Pricier than QC2s!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2007, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

The latest edition of Sound & Vision has a New Product listing for the Sennheiser PXC-450 noise-canceling headphones:

"Just like flying first-class, once you go noise-canceling with your headphones, you can't go back. In fact, you'll wonder how you ever listened to your iPod before you had Sennheiser's PXC 450 cans, which have NoiseGard 2.0 technology that actively filters out the sound from the plane's engines, the chatty couple sitting next to you, the baby crying in the next row . . . "

Sounds like the holy grail of circum-aural headphonery. And they're only 500 clams!
Old May 26, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: CX, TG, SPG all back to base.
Grrr. I've just bought a second pair of QC2s to replace the first which finally gave up the ghost after years of misuse!
I've also got the PXC-300s which I love for their passive throughput (i.e. they still work without being powered) and use when in hotels - nothing better than falling asleep to an audio book, and I don't want to waste battery power when in the land of nod. The QC2s win hands down when onboard for me though.
These new ones would appear to be the perfect mix. Looks like Mrs. Meerkat might be getting a (very) late birthday present of some slightly used QC2s...
Old May 26, 2007, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My QC2 consistently give 35-38+ hr on the AAA battery so I dont mind falling asleep with them on. In fact I prefer it expecially when airborne.

MisterNice
Old May 28, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
In the June issue of Wired Magazine, they rated the relatively new Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones as the new best. They rated them better than the Bose or new Sennheiser PXC-450

I haven't heard any of them and am still using my Shure E5s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.