Search

Digital picture frames

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2007, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Digital picture frames

Not exactly travel related, but I know someone in this forum has the answer I need.

Are the number of images shown in a Digital Picture (Photo) Frame only limited bt the size of the CF card you use?

Are their any of these DPFs that can be mounted directly on the wall?

I have checked Cnet and several other sites and am actually more confused than when I started looking.

Thanks for your help
Old Apr 28, 2007, 7:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Usually when they give a size in the ads or specs it's the size the internalmemory can hold. Of course, that depends on how large the pictures are, if youshrink them to the size ofthe frame,it can hold lots more then if they are uncompressed huge images.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes; the number of photos it will hold depends on the size of memory card inserted.

I got a cheap(ish) one last year and it does have a wall mount slot, and I know most of the Philips ones do too (Philips makes the best ones IMHO).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...oframe&x=0&y=0
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2007, 3:16 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by ScottC
Yes; the number of photos it will hold depends on the size of memory card inserted.

I got a cheap(ish) one last year and it does have a wall mount slot, and I know most of the Philips ones do too (Philips makes the best ones IMHO).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...oframe&x=0&y=0
Still has the cord right? The biggest issue for me is that I didn't find one with a battery, I didn't look too hard however. I just had a day of shopping in the mainland and was limited to what was in stock. So I guess do they make battery powered frames or just corded?

Mine will mount on wall easy but the dang cord makes it ugly.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KosraeTV
Still has the cord right? The biggest issue for me is that I didn't find one with a battery, I didn't look too hard however. I just had a day of shopping in the mainland and was limited to what was in stock. So I guess do they make battery powered frames or just corded?

Mine will mount on wall easy but the dang cord makes it ugly.
I doubt you'll find any battery powered ones, the screen uses quite a lot of power so you'd get no more than 30 minutes off a load of batteries.

A small piece of low profile conduit might make it look a little nicer, but I agree that it still isn't perfect.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ScottC
I doubt you'll find any battery powered ones, the screen uses quite a lot of power so you'd get no more than 30 minutes off a load of batteries.

A small piece of low profile conduit might make it look a little nicer, but I agree that it still isn't perfect.
Unless I'm missing something that the OP is looking for the phillips frame comes with a battery that lasts quite a long time. I bought mine from amazon last December and was very happy with it.

Phillips photo frame model#9FF2CMI
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I have the phillips 9", which is really only 8", which pissed me off. It was a bit more than others, but it has battery 800x600 resolution, takes all cards, looks nice and has some additional transition features the others don't.

I am also a fan of the ceiva offerings, but not for personal use. I can do all the stuff myself or with a memory card, but for grandparents or other non-techie types, the ceivas are very nice. And, they just released new larger frames with cheaper prices and service plans.

the phillips can be had for about 200$ or a bit less now, for the 8" frames.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
I was just keeping up to date, I thought they were still far away from having a good frame with long battery life. I will give the phillips a look however. Basically for me it's OK, for my non tech parents it's a pain in the rear. But they just put it on the end table or shelf and go from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.