Wiki Posts
Search

FlightStatus for PalmOS -- MUST HAVE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P
Thumbs up FlightStatus for PalmOS -- MUST HAVE

I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned, so figured I'd point it out.

While I personally favor Windows Mobile devices, I do use a PalmOS Treo from time-to-time and whenever I travel Andrew Faber's FlightStatus is an absolute must have.

It pulls all information on-demand, and though it's not "real time" it's "near real time." I've often found that what's displayed on the Treo is more accurate than what's found on airline web sites or even the departure monitors in the airport. On a recent trip the airport monitors (and even the gate monitor) insisted it would be an on-time departure. FlightStatus was showing a 20 minute delay in depature.

We left about 25 minutes late.

My only real complaint is that Faber hasn't ported the software to Windows Mobile, but hey, one can't complain about freeware. If only all retail software worked this well.

More information and download at: http://andrewsoft.net/products.html

Last edited by Random_Flyer; Apr 27, 2007 at 12:24 am
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:14 pm

Yes this is definitely great software. And it's not a memory hog which is an added bonus.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Agree. Have been using this for a couple of years and it's very slick.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:25 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Thanks for the program! I saw on the guys site the program also has wait time for security at ATL which is nice since I have a 3.5 hr stop there in July and a multiple of connection on my way to ORD from SEA and back this will come in handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.