Leopard delayed till October...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Leopard delayed till October...

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/

Apple Statement

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can’t wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price — we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones. [Apr 12, 2007]
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Hear that sound?

That'll be me screaming my head off....

/E
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:48 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Oh gimme a flippin' break. As if.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Seems making a phone is not a simple as they thought....

Lets now wait for the first flood of complaints from early users about SW bugs.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG
That gripes my socks off. Was having a hard time waiting to switch to Mac until June. Now.... will have to decide whether to go ahead with Tiger and upgrade later. The pc I'm currently using doesn't have enough memory or disk space to keep me happy - my iPod drive is bigger than my laptop.....

grrrrrr
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
It's interesting to see how Apple continues to grow these days, with the resources required to ramp up to get new products out.

Presumably the resource shift here would also mean iPod development would be on the backburner, except for variations of the iPhone. That may be the silver lining - fewer Apple sales in the short term as people hold off, but a huge interest in the iPhone and future smart iPod variants.

Of course with Apple, there could be some secret surprises coming too.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by LLUMom
That gripes my socks off. Was having a hard time waiting to switch to Mac until June. Now.... will have to decide whether to go ahead with Tiger and upgrade later. The pc I'm currently using doesn't have enough memory or disk space to keep me happy - my iPod drive is bigger than my laptop.....

grrrrrr
Certainly not that hard, or expensive, to upgrade either or both?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
You're right, I'll probably go ahead with Tiger, then plan on upgrading.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by LLUMom
You're right, I'll probably go ahead with Tiger, then plan on upgrading.
I would. It will be worth the wait. According to a guy I know who's had access to developer CD and seen it and run it he says that Leopard is something worth waiting for.

In the mean time - there are apps out there that will mimic Leopard functions so we could use those.

But I'm sure ticked off about the wait for this. I'd rather have had the new Leopard than the new iPhone.

/E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.