Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Computer & Phone Requirements for Mallorca

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Computer & Phone Requirements for Mallorca

Will be spending a few weeks in Mallorca and was wondering what arrangements/accessories I need in order to use my laptop?

I use a US Gateway laptop, with AOL as service provider. Will I need any special adapters, plugs, etc.?

There is broadband internet access available where I'm staying.

My phone provider is Verizon. What would be most cost efficient phone service to arrange for?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first European trip where I need to "stay connected."
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The computer should be fairly simple, check to make sure that your power adapter is 220 /110 volts, and all you will need is a $2 adapter for the plugs there.

Phone won't be so easy, as Verizon isn't GSM, so your phone won't work there. They do have ones that do their network and GSM, but it's doubtful you have one.

You can purchase an unlocked triband phone off places like e-bay, or several vendors, and then you can buy a SIM card when you get there (least expensive way usually).

Another option, is you can rent a phone for international use from Verizon for the time you are there. That's usually not at all chaap.

You can also buy a phone for as little as $49 from a place like mobalrental.com, and pay a higher per minute rate where ever you go.

If you go the unlocked GSM phone and Sim card route, check out this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624613

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.