Orb.Com

Old Mar 5, 2007, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
Orb.Com

While watching a Youtube video about my new Cingular 8525 I came across Orb.Com.

Orb.com (seems to be free) runs on your PC and allows remote access to your My Documents, My Music and My Pictures folders, provided your PC is running. In addition it will stream live TV to your device, (in this case my Cingular 8525) if you have a TV tuner on your PC.

I'm curious as to what all of you think of privacy issues here. Is Orb.com trustworthy? Basically you are handing over access of your PC to a third party.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 3:25 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Its been around for a while now, at least a few years. Its not bad if you are traveling, I've used it before, but I prefer my Slingbox over it. Never really heard any problems with people using it about privacy.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I first tried it when it was released a few years ago, I really dislike the interface. No real issues with privacy since I ran it on a separate machine with no other lan access but like Jason, I prefer my Slingbox.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.