Wiki Posts
Search

DECT 6.0 wireless telephone system

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2007, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DECT 6.0 wireless telephone system

Anyone familiar with this cordless telephone transmitting system?

The Wi-Fi friendly DECT 6.0 frequency offers even clearer calls than 5.8GHz, 2.4GHz or 900MHz phones! This means you'll experience even less interference from other phones or appliances, so you can enjoy static-free phone conversations up to 900 feet from the base without disturbing your computer wireless network. and a lot of other wireless devices.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had DECT in Europe back in the 90's, and its only just made it over here...

They make it sound like it's going to sound like person is sitting next to you, but in reality my 5.8GHz phones sound just as good, or better. I wouldn't waste money going out of my way to get a DECT phone.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
I had DECT in Europe back in the 90's, and its only just made it over here...

They make it sound like it's going to sound like person is sitting next to you, but in reality my 5.8GHz phones sound just as good, or better. I wouldn't waste money going out of my way to get a DECT phone.
thanks for the answer. our home vtech phone system is getting stupid

this showed up:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...P2069:CL142388

4 phones delivered after rebate is under $25. maybe too cheap to be decent.I worried about this dect 6 system. maybe when I get the 2.4mhz system out of the house, the transmitting thermostats will work.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by slawecki

4 phones delivered after rebate is under $25. maybe too cheap to be decent.I worried about this dect 6 system. maybe when I get the 2.4mhz system out of the house, the transmitting thermostats will work.
If you do a search for reviews of that model, you'll read that it's absolute junk. Staples has been selling it for as low as $10 after rebates in the past.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
If you do a search for reviews of that model, you'll read that it's absolute junk. Staples has been selling it for as low as $10 after rebates in the past.
my wife will love to hear that.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slawecki
thanks for the answer. our home vtech phone system is getting stupid

this showed up:

Best and IMHO cheapest solution is to get one of the 2/3 handset packs at your local wholesale club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.