USB headset recs for Skype?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USB headset recs for Skype?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I have picked and bought for work 4 pairs of Sennheiser 155s and they were excellent and have the added advantage of having mini jack as well as USB.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks to all for the thoughtful responses.

I have seriously been considering the Plantronics DSP 400, the Sennheiser PC155, and the Logitech Premium USB Headset 350. The Plantronics model holds a lot of appeal for me given the reputation of the company and the fact that the headset folds up compactly. What I don't like, however, is the very long cable and the large box (which I gather holds the sound card) that hangs off of it. Reviewers on Amazon have complained that the box is almost as large as the folded headset, and I'm not sure that I understand why this is designed this way. The Sennheiser looks quite good to me, especially because one can wind the cord around the clip, but why do they bother with the added bulk of having a USB port and mini plugs? The Logitech seems like a natural third choice, especially given the price point, but, well, they look cheap (is it?). Perhaps the idea of using a USB phone make sense. Think I will explore that further.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.