Internatioanl roaming service in Mexico (Riviera Maya) ... Verizon phone?

Subscribe
A co-worker of mine is going to Riviera Maya in Mexico soon and was asking me if her Verizon cell phone would work there. I can't find anything specific about CDMA coverage in that area on Verizon's site or via Google. The resort only says that coverage is good in the area but doesnt get into the technology (GSM, CDMA, etc) that the local providers use.

Does anyone know any additional information/experience I could pass along?

Thanks in advance.
Quote: A co-worker of mine is going to Riviera Maya in Mexico soon and was asking me if her Verizon cell phone would work there. I can't find anything specific about CDMA coverage in that area on Verizon's site or via Google. The resort only says that coverage is good in the area but doesnt get into the technology (GSM, CDMA, etc) that the local providers use.

Does anyone know any additional information/experience I could pass along?

Thanks in advance.
Mine worked fine in PVR (CDMA). I would call and make sure that they know you want to use it in Mexico. As long as there is a good payment history, it should not be a problem. However, this is roaming and I seem to remember something like 65 cents a minute or so.
This page seems to indicate not to expect CDMA service in Mexico. Link

Also, keep in mind that the PVR area has been developed much longer than the Yucatan - that might make a difference.

FWIW, my Cingular GSM worked great in Riviera Maya.
That link's for their special GSM/CDMA world phone service. Standard CMDA phones should see this list. Just have them add the international calling feature to your account before you leave. Also see the dialing instructions.
Thanks all, I will pass the information along.